My "Pap" ONLY a Mock Up

Still waiting on the form. This is some wood furniture I just refinished. Romy wood stock, original, just polished,Russian trap door, Bulgarian PG, Serbian upper & lower, polished bolt, carrier, hammer, & rails, CNC Warrior Booster. Only a mock up. Just trying to figure out stock options for my, fixin to be, SBR. Sexy little bitch isn't she.

post-45976-0-36745900-1363828305_thumb.jpg

post-45976-0-47195500-1363828533_thumb.jpg

Only A Mock Up

post-45976-0-24469600-1363828495_thumb.jpg

post-45976-0-63093700-1363828667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sport Rescue
  • Like 1
So your going to change the rear trunnion out for that stock? I wondered about this but wasn't sure if the rivets would be in the same places as a normal one.

Its an AK stock, fits perfectly with the tang.Do not foresee any fitting problems If so, I'll modify accordingly. Like I said only a mock up. I got a folder I'll see next.

Edited by Sport Rescue
Well the PAP doesn't have a tang, the rear is a solid under folder trunnion without the holes and stuff milled out. It has ears that run up the inside of the receiver in the lower part unlike the standard rear trunnions with the tang

I was on some meds last night when I typed that. I actually was thinkin it was my S12. I had just installed the stock on it to see what it would look like or if it would even be a big enough stock. It wasn't. As far as the Pap goes, I still cannot decide whether to go with a folder or this wood stock. I really like the all wood but, I also like being able to fold it back to a pistol. I don't know. Maybe, I'll just buy another and have both. But that just means more forms, more extortion fees, and more waiting.

Here's the mock up of my PAP. I'm with you and really like the wood stock as well. Guess I might have to buy another for the opposite reason you would. LOL I think that fixed wood stock looks great. I will be adding a StormWerkz M92 picatinney for a red dot.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] Mockup.jpg

That looks sick just like it is.

Mine will have the polymer triangle stock on it.

Is that the ronins grip bulgy pistol grip?

I am really good with wood carving and shaping. Has anyone done or have a custom folding wood stock? Lets say out of cherry or teak. I could carve out the middle sorta like a Dragunov/PSL. But, would have more wood taken out of it. Almost like a Galil folder but made out of wood. Second thought would be, it would have to be made out of a strong material like teak or mahogany Any thoughts?????.

Here's the mock up of my PAP. I'm with you and really like the wood stock as well. Guess I might have to buy another for the opposite reason you would. LOL I think that fixed wood stock looks great. I will be adding a StormWerkz M92 picatinney for a red dot.

attachicon.gifMockup.jpg

Is that the 4 piece brake? And if so, who made it and how do you like it?

Really like the lawn mushrooms.

Funny, I got thousands of them all over the place. Wifey likes them...what do ya do....

Post#164 for folding wood

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/53657-how-bout-those-hot-rodded-dracos/page-6?hl= rodded draco

Gamaz, thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is a Ronin, Trying different grips to see which flows best with the design. smile.png

Sport Rescue, yes that is the 4 pc Boost by CNCWarrior

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23959

Edited by 1911
Good looking mock ups but...If your PAP was imported after November 30, 1990, BAFTE says it needs to be 922R compliant.

As of now it is still a pistol. But, I did change a few things, FCG, Hammer spring, Booster w/ detent & spring all made in usa. Not that I had to, just a personal performance preference. As a pistol, it does not have to comply. I have sent my form 1 in, and once it comes back, I'll have a nice little sbr. I will deal with 922r compliance then.

At least that is my understanding. I could be wrong, but I do not think so.

Edited by Sport Rescue

I don't understand how putting a stock on these pistols make them anymore dangerous than without....Oh, that's right, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. My daughter asked the other day who made these stupid rules because she did not understand why she could buy a, without a stock, no having to modify, straight from the factory, non 922r compliant assault weapon, but could also buy a stocked weapon you have to change all these parts to make it compliant and were basically the same. Rather than explain it to her, I just told her that it was another way for government to control and get more money out of you. She said one day she will change that. Who knows, a father can only dream.........

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't understand how putting a stock on these pistols make them anymore dangerous than without....Oh, that's right, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. My daughter asked the other day who made these stupid rules because she did not understand why she could buy a, without a stock, no having to modify, straight from the factory, non 922r compliant assault weapon, but could also buy a stocked weapon you have to change all these parts to make it compliant and were basically the same. Rather than explain it to her, I just told her that it was another way for government to control and get more money out of you. She said one day she will change that. Who knows, a father can only dream.........

because putting a stock on it supposedly changes the gun from being minute-of-barn accurate to LASER ACCURATE and simultaneously concealable.

P.S. I'm a tall dude and could easily conceal any standard-length folding AK under a normal jacket. I guess the SBR laws are made for Danny Devito-types.

Any way, if I had an M92 I would be keeping it true to original and doing an underfold conversion. A little extra work, but very authentic.

maybe you can conceal this rifle, but you CAN'T conceal the boner it will give you

M92.jpg

Edited by mancat

You know I've thought about that. I'm not really keen to the underfolder. To me it's awkward and uncomfortable. I'm not ruling out that possibility though. Until my form comes back I am weighing all my options. As far as concealment goes, I'm 6'5" 265lbs. I could probably conceal my 308 and S12 with no problems.But I have no need to do so. My Glock & XD are the only guns I conceal. My Pap is just a fun toy. Sure as hell is fun to shoot, kicks like a mule for such a small rifle (aka "Pistol") So, most likely I will dress her up in wood and have me a pretty nice SBR in my eyes. And, in my world that's all that really matters. Here are a couple pics I just shot of my Pap with the underfolder. Mind you, "THIS IS ONLY A MOCK UP"

post-45976-0-21479900-1365382156_thumb.png

post-45976-0-66289000-1365382267_thumb.png