Tauras or Ruger? single action revolver

I know single actions are a little slow for throwing lead down range but any body have the new tauras gaucho or ruger vaquero revolver. I am really interested in which ones better.

I know what barrel length I want 5 1/2"

Anybody have any suggestions or even another single action revlover that is reasonbly priced. I really like shooting them and would to get one.

Also I really wood grips but that is not a decieding factor.

I know a few people in one of the companies that makes tooling and other stuff for ruger. What Ive seen in the new products I like. Its a tested and true design, and its american.

the taurus (you do mean the brazillian company I take it) revolvers Ive heard from several people just are not that good. Plus you send your gun dollars overseas to brazil.

I would go with the ruger for a bunch of reasons, the main one being that Ive shot many different ruger wheelguns, and have liked them all.

Yeah I know I would be sending money elsewhere. So maybe the ruger is the one to go with.

Now for the nest question is the new rugers different from the first ones.

They switched the manufactering on the Vaquero, now its a new design, I believe?

Any more information on this would be very helpful.

Thanks again guys.

Just put a NIB Ruger Stainless Vaquero (The old one) in 45 Colt on Layaway. I got a new one for a used gun price. (Long story) Anyway, the gun handles very nice and they have a very nice trigger. I like the option of being able to use the "Ruger Only" 45 Colt load data. (I handload) I also plan on having a 45 ACP cylinder fitted to it so I can use cheap ammo in it for plinking. (Plus I have lots of 45 ACP cases that I have picked up at the range, not many 45 Colt cases.)

I have an older model Taurus .357 revolver. It looks like its patterened after the Colt model. Works perfect like a revolver is prone to do. Not much else to say about it. I dont have any newer revolvers or Rugers.....Sorry.

:rolleyes: That wasn't much help ......... was it?

part of the manufacturing techniques changed slightly on them for the better. the trigger and hammer and the part that advances the cylinder have all been reworked into something that shoots and wears better, from what I could tell just walking through and talking a little bit. I dont really want to delve any deeper into other people's jobs.

ruger is on the move for bigger and better things, check out the Ultimak rail lookalike they have on thier scout gun now. its good to see a good american manufacturer keep up with the market and its client's wants and needs.

One of the differences in the old Ruger Blackhawks and the new model is the addition of a "transfer bar" for safety reasons. I have seen the new Vaqueros and they are nice. A classic brought back. I've never shot a Taurus, well maybe a ford taurus..., anyway I have two single action Rugers. one is the Super Single Six in .22 and .22 magnum and the other is a Stainless .357 New Model Blackhawk. They are both awesome and as dependable as a gun can be. If anything ever goes wrong Ruger has the best customer service there is. When I got my .22 someone before me had attempted to work on the trigger and had screwed stuff up pretty bad in there. After talking on the phone with the nice people at Sturm Ruger a few times and trying to install some free parts they sent me without much luck,(It's tricky getting one of those bugers back together and timed right if you haven't done it before) they told me to send the whole gun to them and they would check it out and see what the problem was. I got it back a week later with a new box, manual, and new hammer, trigger, and springs and it was as good as new. They did all this and test fired it and sent it back with a bill that read $0.00.

That's great customer service.

Get the Ruger and you won't be sorry. :super:

I picked up the Gaucho in .45 Long Colt this past summer and I'm extremely happy with it, no problems whatsoever after putting through 200 rounds thus far. It has a transfer bar for safety purposes which is a plus with any firearm these days. The price was reasonable, $285.00 compared to $350.00 for the Vaquero. I know there were problems earlier in the year with the Vaquero having to do with the safety lock out and hammer operation. Rugers are very fine pistols but I think if anyone picks up a Gaucho they'll be more than satisified for the amount of money it takes to own one of these fine firearms.

Just my $.02

WOW!! Thanks guys for all the information. I know the choose is really up to me but every opinion counts.

I going to go look at a Tauras today. Around here in Minnesota they are about $330 thats cost +10% from a dealer. The ruger though is only about $20 more, but they are not making them right now. Or at least I cannot get one through any of the wholesalers.

Thanks again for all the input hopefully I'll make the right choice.

Oh yeah its only 45LC. It's got to have a bang.