I converted my saiga 12 today, and i just want to say anyone on the fence about it, just do it! It was easy, fun and gratifying when i finished. the hardest part of the whole thing was getting the safety lever back in and once i realized i had to use some force it was cake. id like to thank the people of this site for all the valuable info and CSS for the great video tutorials and all the parts.

post-43709-0-54318100-1364609873_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

NoOO home done camo is the equivalent of a bolt on aluminum wing on a civic. It makes many a nice gun look like... I dunno something sad.

There are exceptions, but then they are the exceptions.

• Like 1
NoOO home done camo is the equivalent of a bolt on aluminum wing on a civic. It makes many a nice gun look like... I dunno something sad.

I have to disagree... I've seen many good home paint jobs and have done about 30 myself, only 2 camo's and they were mostly bolt rifles but a nice home job can be accomplished.

• Like 1

Makes then look like something you can not see in the woods. Unlike a black gun that sticks out like a sore thumb. The OPs gun is broken up though. Looks great by the way. Nice job on the conversion. Edit. Some of the camo jobs that look the worst work the best in the woods. Not a fashon show out there.

Edited by rnemhrd

I gonna have to pile on the hater wagon on this one... I've seen lots of awesome home done camo jobs... Cars, guns, motor cycles, whatever.

It just takes patience and the world is full of sand paper! Plus, it's camo... It's not an exact art to begin with.

I think that gun looks sweet as it is, but if the OP wants to keep going, I'm all for it!

lol...i thought about painting it...as i have seen alot of schemes that look awesome but my ability to replicate something like that is extremely lacking. i dont wanna do too much more cosmetically ill just stick with function. its funny ill take a drill to it no problem but stop at spray paint.

I was defending DIY camo. OPs gun looks nice. My S12 looks like a dog turd. lol You doe'nt see it till you step on it. OP, GunFun offers a ton of super info. Very smart guy even though I disagree with the camo thing. Watch his videos.

I converted my saiga 12 today, and i just want to say anyone on the fence about it, just do it! It was easy, fun and gratifying when i finished. the hardest part of the whole thing was getting the safety lever back in and once i realized i had to use some force it was cake. id like to thank the people of this site for all the valuable info and CSS for the great video tutorials and all the parts.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] Saiga 12.jpg

What hand guard is this ?

• Like 1