wasnt mark twain a commie?

Mark Twain died in 1910. Years before the advent of Communism.

He went bankrupt through bad investments, but broke even through a worldwide

lecture tour and died out of debt.

I know, I Know, too much information....

-Griz

Mark Twain- smart man. On marriage, he said "The f%*king you get ain't worth the f%*king you get!"

Most of his best work is never seen, because he was NOT politically correct. He cussed too!

G PO B

Shit, if he was, he'd sure fit in fine today. :rolleyes:

Have to re-write Tom Sawyer and make Tom and Huck gay lovers to please the liberal lefties though. :wacko:

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Dec 4 2005, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mark Twain- smart man. On marriage, he said "The f%*king you get ain't worth the f%*king you get!"

Most of his best work is never seen, because he was NOT politically correct. He cussed too!

G PO B

Ben Franklin was a politically incorrect horny old toad too in alot of his writings. :lolol:

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of congress. But then I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

In his short story about Elizabethian England ['Room 1620' or the like] he writes of a lengthy conversation between Queen Elizabeth the First chatting with her ladies in waiting when somebody cuts a monumental fart. The first time I read it I hit the floor laughing which was inappropriate as I was in math class at the time in College [1964].

It was still funny.

Despite MT's admonition I must add (in passing) Karl Marx wrote Das Kapital in 1867, while the ghost of Lincoln was still looking for the top of his head. Long before the advent of the 40 hour week, minimum wage, social security, and the other benefits you think are your "rights," and he was known in Sam Clement's time.

Mark Twain died in 1910. Years before the advent of Communism.

He went bankrupt through bad investments, but broke even through a worldwide

lecture tour and died out of debt.

I know, I Know, too much information....

-Griz