break in process for sgl/saiga

Hey there, just had a quick question regarding break in processes for sgls/saigas. On my old saiga i sold i knew nothing of the sort and just shot it and it ran great. Having spent a little more coin on an sgl tho i would like to know if you guys do a break in on your rifles and what exactly is entailed in the process. Im itching to check zero on the irons @100 and get the vortex sighted in as well, but its been too effing windy anytime i have had free time :/ I tried doing a search but no luck. Also, are there any procedures that need to be done before shooting for sgls right out of the box? I sound like a total noob lol but i just wanted to double check. Im assuming no on the latter bc they're supposed to come with a test target but mine did not. Thanks again for the input.

All I did with my two Aks and my Dragunov was I ran a boresnake through the barrel,checked the action and started shooting :).

The sights on my AIM were already zeroed and I didn't have to touch them but my 104 was all over the place until it had about 200 rounds through it and then once zeroed it was bang on.

1 fifth vodka....drunk first. One jar cossack petroleam jelly. The jelly is optional. Followed by madly fornicating with receiver while singing Tom Jones songs in Russian. Followed by a ritual dunking in fermented yak milk.

Edited by breid1970

Lmao, what have i started!?! Ok so as i surmise, take multiple shots of vodka while relieving myself in the receiver and barrel as needed, tie it to the back of the truck and drag it down the road for a couple miles, get home n throw it off the deck, then test fire. Lol, ok will do! *Laughs*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...