Magpul MOE AK Magazine

IMHO they shouldn't burn time on producing the all polymer version. I can fully see the benefit from developing some prototypes that aren't reinforced and using those as learning points in designing the reinforced version.

No point in producing both a reinforced version and an all polymer version. I can't see anyone buying the latter.

• Like 1
IMHO they shouldn't burn time on producing the all polymer version. I can fully see the benefit from developing some prototypes that aren't reinforced and using those as learning points in designing the reinforced version.

No point in producing both a reinforced version and an all polymer version. I can't see anyone buying the latter.

True, unless there is a signicant price difference, then the latter may make for good range mags.

I can see that when I take personal feelings out. Plenty of people who buy tapcos. If Magpul had their name on anything regardless of quality, if it put it within a couple of bucks of the tapcos, then they'd bite off a much bigger piece of the pie. Too many people go super cheap on everything for an AK...

For me it's the reinforced or nothing.

Cant wait for these. Magpul Please make them all steel reinforced. huh.png . Why bother making it polymer. Its ok on AR mags but Ak mags have to many locking points that need to be reinforced. Thanks Magpul for making more magazines options!!! Whoo hoo. I hope we see some sort of Magpul ak Furniture as well.

I am not a Magpul whore(not calling any of you that), but I have less than awesome feelings about the company. More of a meh for the koolaid that the company is.

I think they are more of a brand than a great end all be all company. Flame suit on if you want to bash me for this thought!

I just do not see what the big deal is with them. I have a few mags for my AR and don't see the big deal. I have a number of friends that have AR's with almost nothing but Magpul products on them....I still see no big value!

If you can educate me on what is the reason I am all ears!

I am not a fan of their PGs, I go ergo for PGs. Not a fan of many of their products, stuff that I like however flip sights, stocks, and mags for the AR to be honest.

The stocks are great in my experience, sights are adequate and work well, and the mags have been great in all the abuse and conditions I've experienced, in fact stronger than I would have thought.

Edited by Syndicate

No matter who makes an AK mag that's readily available plenty of folks in the firearm community are going to beat them up and compare them to steel and circle 10 mags. If they do better than the US palms and are even a hair cheaper then they will be a success. I couldn't care less of the brand stamped on them.

• Like 1

I am not a Magpul whore(not calling any of you that), but I have less than awesome feelings about the company. More of a meh for the koolaid that the company is.

I think they are more of a brand than a great end all be all company. Flame suit on if you want to bash me for this thought!

I just do not see what the big deal is with them. I have a few mags for my AR and don't see the big deal. I have a number of friends that have AR's with almost nothing but Magpul products on them....I still see no big value!

No flamin necessary. I did not understand the Magpul craze either until I tried a few of their products. Like Syndicate mentioned, not a big fan of their PG, but am a huge fan of their BUIS and PMAGS. The PMAGS just take a beating and keep on going. The price point for us is about a dollar more for the PMAGS, and they just work better than other AR mags. This is just from my experience in a work enviornment. Dropping mags during reload drills, stepping on them, kicking them around, the standard AR mags get crushed and bent all to hell. The PMAGS just stand up to the abuse we hand them better. Again, just my experience with them, and I know people who do not like PMAGS at all. As with most things gun related, its really about personal preference.

I have a carbine Magpul handguard, and I like it, but I prefer to free float my handguards on middy and rifle length. And the Magpul angled foregrip is the bee's knees once you get used to it. I like it much better than a VFG.

• Like 1

I'm not paying $20-30 for a used GI metal mag when I can get pmags for $11 shipped. The metal ones that are good are hard to find, you can tell by the welds which is which pretty easily.

Ya Semp, AFG is great once you get in the swing with them.

No flamin necessary. I did not understand the Magpul craze either until I tried a few of their products. Like Syndicate mentioned, not a big fan of their PG, but am a huge fan of their BUIS and PMAGS. The PMAGS just take a beating and keep on going. The price point for us is about a dollar more for the PMAGS, and they just work better than other AR mags. This is just from my experience in a work enviornment. Dropping mags during reload drills, stepping on them, kicking them around, the standard AR mags get crushed and bent all to hell. The PMAGS just stand up to the abuse we hand them better. Again, just my experience with them, and I know people who do not like PMAGS at all. As with most things gun related, its really about personal preference.

I have a carbine Magpul handguard, and I like it, but I prefer to free float my handguards on middy and rifle length. And the Magpul angled foregrip is the bee's knees once you get used to it. I like it much better than a VFG.

Interesting point. I do not use my rifle for work so I get the fact that metal mags can and will easily bend/dent in the conditions you stated. I have only two PMAGS and they function fine(all the rest are metal, and the function fine as well). I don't have any other Magpul products, but as I stated before I have a couple friends that have nothing but Magpul on their AR's and I don't get the fascination.

When at the range I see so many new looking shooters and their rifles are full on Magpul(mind you I see their groups, and all that tactitool crap hanging off), then I lol when I see their targets compared to mine when shooting my Saiga.

I know for a fact that they should have far better groups with the AR than me with my Saiga. Guess that means I practice and try to improve and they just like hearing the gun go bang.

• Like 1

Interesting point. I do not use my rifle for work so I get the fact that metal mags can and will easily bend/dent in the conditions you stated. I have only two PMAGS and they function fine(all the rest are metal, and the function fine as well). I don't have any other Magpul products, but as I stated before I have a couple friends that have nothing but Magpul on their AR's and I don't get the fascination.

When at the range I see so many new looking shooters and their rifles are full on Magpul(mind you I see their groups, and all that tactitool crap hanging off), then I lol when I see their targets compared to mine when shooting my Saiga.

I know for a fact that they should have far better groups with the AR than me with my Saiga. Guess that means I practice and try to improve and they just like hearing the gun go bang.

For some it's a new exp and just throwing bullets with no technique or training is the name of the game for a while (well they might not realize it)

It's just like a video I watched recently of a guy that got a wasr and set plates at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 350 yards and hit almost every shot, out of box gun. His conclusion was very true, not always the rifle, but the shooter.

Yeah, thanks to the panic there is a whole new breed of tacticool AR owners out there. They are kinda fun to watch, but get a little pissy when you ask them how much their AR weighs with all that shit on it. But I am happy more people are entering the world of the evil black rifle.

• Like 1