Got laid off 8 days before x-mas, with zero notice. We won't discuss that or it will lead to me cussing enough to get a warning point or three. Anyhow, this blessing affords me more time than I want for you guys, conspiracy theories, and sitting on my ass. The job market is tough here. Seems for everything I apply for there are ten thousand others doing the same. Been 5 months. I've never been unemployed 5 months. Back in SD, I'd have a job by the afternoon IF I were to leave one. Real eye opener

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 1

1000 posts? eyes_droped.gif

Well shit dude, quit whoring on the internetz and fill out a few job apps! beaten.gif

I jest!.. I jest! haha.gif

I remember the last time I was out of work... Sucked!

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1
Got laid off 8 days before x-mas, with zero notice. We won't discuss that or it will lead to me cussing enough to get a warning point or three. Anyhow, this blessing affords me more time than I want for you guys, conspiracy theories, and sitting on my ass. The job market is tough here. Seems for everything I apply for there are ten thousand others doing the same. Been 5 months. I've never been unemployed 5 months. Back in SD, I'd have a job by the afternoon IF I were to leave one. Real eye opener

I went through the no job shit during the carter years, I feel for ya brother, it helped destroy my family. Don't give up, don't these libfuks beat ya John.

• Like 1
Post number 1k.

I need to get a job...

.....and your avatar needs to slow her moves down at certain angles.beer.gif

I've tried. There's some blue shit in the actual pics that shows up big time when I slow it down.

1000 posts? eyes_droped.gif

Well shit dude, quit whoring on the internetz and fill out a few job apps! beaten.gif

I jest!.. I jest! haha.gif

I remember the last time I was out of work... Sucked!

I apply for several a week. Sux!

I went through the no job shit during the carter years, I feel for ya brother, it helped destroy my family. Don't give up, don't these libfuks beat ya John.

Some days are better than others. Again, a real eye opener. The time of year my previous pile of shit employer laid me off, really cost me a lot of unemployment time. Nothing going on here in late Dec.- Jan. Construction is just now getting moving with all the late season snow. There's gotta be a silver lining somewhere.

• Like 1

I feel for you bro, but hang in there. I quit a very high paying job back in late July for my own strange and probably fucked up reasons, and I sat around until this February surviving by helping out the wife in her office. It sucked, but I made it out and am now almost out of the probation status at my new job. It's hard as fuck right now to find decent work, but I'll share something odd I've discovered: I took a 16k pay cut by accepting the job I have now over the one I left, so you would figure my take home pay would be significantly less right? Well guess what, it's the complete opposite. For some strange reason, which I can only figure is tax related, I've increased my take home pay by making less! This is no shit. And to further add to insult, I pay less for the exact same benefits I had in my old job. So hang in there my friend. Things will get better. And Austin really has a nice climate even if it's infested with liberals. The only positive is they are gun owning liberals.

Can we at least have a name for your avatar so we can look her up?

• Like 1
I was actually looking at Austin today. I heard it was really fucking humid there. Is that true or did my friend just visit on a shitty day?

It's very humid compared to "the mag ban state"

I'm in the same boat John, I keep getting the overskilled shit and all sorts of wonderful rhetoric. You've made to much money in the past, you couldn't do this job and be happy, I was actually fucking told that. oh and Austin is now silicon valley

Edited by Syndicate
I feel for you bro, but hang in there. I quit a very high paying job back in late July for my own strange and probably fucked up reasons, and I sat around until this February surviving by helping out the wife in her office. It sucked, but I made it out and am now almost out of the probation status at my new job. It's hard as fuck right now to find decent work, but I'll share something odd I've discovered: I took a 16k pay cut by accepting the job I have now over the one I left, so you would figure my take home pay would be significantly less right? Well guess what, it's the complete opposite. For some strange reason, which I can only figure is tax related, I've increased my take home pay by making less! This is no shit. And to further add to insult, I pay less for the exact same benefits I had in my old job. So hang in there my friend. Things will get better. And Austin really has a nice climate even if it's infested with liberals. The only positive is they are gun owning liberals.

Thanks man. The only name I have her under is hotness.gif I've not seen her again since the day I downloaded her. Sad story, I know.

I was actually looking at Austin today. I heard it was really fucking humid there. Is that true or did my friend just visit on a shitty day?

Well that don't tell me much. The humidity here is like 2%haha.gif

Thanks man. The only name I have her under is hotness.gif I've not seen her again since the day I downloaded her. Sad story, I know.

Well that don't tell me much. The humidity here is like 2%:haha2:
You ever heard of "Weather.com" on the internet? Follow Austin's humidity there if you want accuracy and specific info. Edited by Jet

Humid is good. I lived in Houston for 12 years. I moved back up north. People here look like dried out gourds on the vine. I was still getting carded for beer well into my late thirties. People here still can't believe how old I am. Austin doesn't have shit on Houston for humidity.

Oh, I was also "downsized". Reason I moved back north. At least I had a few months warning. At that time, that's where all the jobs were. Oil bust down south. It actually turned out positive. I have a good job for the last 20 years and I love what I do. Good pay and excellent benefits And I work with a different person every time I go to work. No more cliques, no being stuck in the same building with the same people day after day. It sucks not knowing what the future holds, but hang in there and don't be afraid to call up old friends and network (I bet you are sick and tired of that word) and see if things are happening, and if you can help out. if things are getting to you, pm me and unload on me. it's ok.

Humid is good. I lived in Houston for 12 years. I moved back up north. People here look like dried out gourds on the vine. I was still getting carded for beer well into my late thirties. People here still can't believe how old I am. Austin doesn't have shit on Houston for humidity.

Austin of today is full of transplant bleeding heart liberals. It's the only town where they have a major bike rally downtown on streets east to west, and a major gay parade on streets north to south on the same weekend.

Well that don't tell me much. The humidity here is like 2%haha.gif
You ever heard of "Weather.com" on the internet? Follow Austin's humidity there if you want accuracy and specific info.

I guess I was looking for real world type input.

Oh, I was also "downsized". Reason I moved back north. At least I had a few months warning. At that time, that's where all the jobs were. Oil bust down south. It actually turned out positive. I have a good job for the last 20 years and I love what I do. Good pay and excellent benefits And I work with a different person every time I go to work. No more cliques, no being stuck in the same building with the same people day after day. It sucks not knowing what the future holds, but hang in there and don't be afraid to call up old friends and network (I bet you are sick and tired of that word) and see if things are happening, and if you can help out. if things are getting to you, pm me and unload on me. it's ok.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm about networked out here. Everyone's got an ear out for me. That's one of the reasons I'm seriously looking at Reno. It would put me closer to family, the desert, and a friend to environmental cert's for gas stations and he want me to come out there to do that. Which in reality, would be my best bet as environmental shit ain't going away any time soon.