With the development of the 300blkout into commercially available loads, I see no point in even messing with an AR 7.62x39. The cartridge just doesn't feed well in the AR, and it's not going to benefit that much as far as accuracy from the DI, or even SS piston. Combined the issues with AR's hating steel case ,how dirty it is and how finicky ARs can be when dirty versus the $1+ for brass 7.62x39. Might as well spend the extra and get the AR10 .

I don't have a lot of input on the 6.5 but, my opinion the x39 AR is like putting performance tires on a diesel tractor.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

6.5 grendel is an awesome round. past 300 yards has more energy than a 308 win. under 300 yrds has more energy than 5.56, and runs neck and neck with 6.8, 300 blackout 300 whisper ( or whatever there calling it this week ) under 300 yards. then dominates them past 300. stays SUPER sonic till 1000 yrds where 308 shits out at 800. and it does it all with recoil comparable to 7.62x39. BUT!!!!... good luck finding factory ammo... thats the major draw back. never cuaght on.

6.5 grendel is an awesome round. past 300 yards has more energy than a 308 win. under 300 yrds has more energy than 5.56, and runs neck and neck with 6.8, 300 blackout 300 whisper ( or whatever there calling it this week ) under 300 yards. then dominates them past 300. stays SUPER sonic till 1000 yrds where 308 shits out at 800. and it does it all with recoil comparable to 7.62x39. BUT!!!!... good luck finding factory ammo... thats the major draw back. never cuaght on.

I am waiting for the steel WOLF ammo

I am waiting for the steel WOLF ammo

Im waiting on Krebs to actually get a 6.5 AK in some sort of mass production. Im sure it wont be cheap but seeing his beta vesrion and its accuracy @ 500 yards ...I WANT!!!! cry.gif