So I'm getting an old rem 870 in a trade. Ice yet to buy a saiga 12 even though I plan to.

Also I have an old 12 barrel section about 20" long I plan to fill out a form 1 and making a 12 ga silencer. Well I will make it threaded for a saiga 12.

So this gets me to my question. Nor really a question just more of hey this is what I'm thinking about, thread. So the rem 870 is got a long vent rib barrel, I'm thinking of shortening the barrel to 18.5" and cut the rib back to the next spot so I can thread the barrel the same as a saiga12 for two reasons, to use the silencer I'll make some time ion the next couple of years. And to get one of those really cool polychokes with the flash hider.

Maybe I'm outta the loop and have no clue what I'm talkin bout but... The last thing I would spend the time and money to quiet down would be a shotgun. Not a very stealthy weapon, IMO.

I'd rather have a can on anything that fires single projectiles. $.02

Oh it's just "because I can" type of thing. Really just for shuts and giggles. I can get all shop time free and depending on what I need and what's laying around I can get metal free. So I'd only be out 200 for a tax stamp.

The reason to do it right now would be to get that awesome adjustable choke/flash hider.

Plus I like the look of an 18" vent rib barrel. them put fiber optic rifle sights mounted to the rib and vovila you have sights.

Sometimes shits and giggles are the only reasons I need...

post-6253-0-95298100-1369420661_thumb.jpg

post-6253-0-90363800-1369420672_thumb.jpg

...I never felt the need to justify owning the things I own to anyone else.

I'm eventually gonna get my Remington 870 AOW threaded to accept the can as well. Too many projects.

...I never felt the need to justify owning the things I own to anyone else.

Judging by the way that can works on the shotgun, I wouldn't want to justify it either.

So much hate for shotgun suppressors...

...every damn time I trot out that picture. I really thought most folks here would dig it but its brought nothing but flames.

(It does work BTW; see vids.)

^ that sounds cool to me to. I would be interested in loading up some extra heavy slugs with a lighter load of a faster powder to see how quiet that thing could get...might can make a hearing safe suppressor load for CQB against charging bulls.