So I met a guy through a local site today he had a WTB/WTT add I don't ever really sell guns unless I'm flat broke and in about to lose power or need food, which lately hasent even come close to happening.

Well I met this guy talk through email. He wanted an lc9, I had one and was looking for a bigger pistol. He said he had a redhawk, I really wanted it I was going to cut it down into my own "Alaskan" only I was going to mill a trough and mount an XS big dot sight up front. Well turns out it was a black hawk. I said no thanks. He said let me buy it. I told him to make an offer. He says I'll give you 350 the same time I got the email I saw a new lc9 at the gun store for 339, so I said yes I'll sell it.

Here's the meat of this post. We met at bass pro, both showed CCWs and wrote a bill of sell, we were totally legal. It was nice I could t help but to think of these stings I've heard of and it sure would be funny to tell a guy to piss off cause he wouldn't show ID.

• Like 1

via the net sold several over the last year, none were face to face all went further than I wanted to drive to meet some one. sent them all to a FFL at the buyers location (legal).

got more for them than I could have peddled them for just in my area so I was happy and got all positive feedback on the site so seems the buyers were happy.

I've bought several guns in the past online and never got screwed, the only one I even had any fear about was a $6,000.00 AyA 28 / 410 ga No2 RA with a single trigger set up for my boss. (he picked it up at the FFL) Gun came and was even better than the photos showed and he loves it so happy day to the buying and selling of firearms on line.

I will say for my personal buying I have a $1,000.00 max for buying sight unseen used guns.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

I don't sell guns, so I wouldn't know for that. The last one I bought (the one a few days ago many people here were on me about)

turned out to be completely clear via the state police when I called about it that night. ID checks are good, if both parties agree to them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it was taken out of context. I was more concerned about getting killed than buying an illegal gun,

because I could fix buying an illegal gun. Funny thing was, when everyone was getting on the judgment train,

I had already had the state police run the numbers, but no one seemed to care, lol.

Yeah, I think it was taken out of context. I was more concerned about getting killed than buying an illegal gun,

because I could fix buying an illegal gun. Funny thing was, when everyone was getting on the judgment train,

I had already had the state police run the numbers, but no one seemed to care, lol.

How did you manage to get the state police to run the numbers?

• Like 1

I called them.

Edit: It really was that simple. I called the local barracks of the state police, asked to have a serial

ran on a rifle, she took the # and the make, and ran it, and was back to me in 3 min.

Edited by Voltia
  • Like 1

I picked up a Walther P22 locally off Armslist a couple of years ago, and the local LEO was more than happy to run the numbers for me. I called the number listed in the phone book, and the nice lady on the other end ran it in about 30 seconds. She also told me, "Nice weapon. I have one just like it." I flipped it at the gun show a year later for double what I paid and bought 5.56 ammo.