Who likes folding stocks? What do you think about them, what do you prefer them on, and do you have one? Also, pics!

Btw, this is just a way for me to whore out the new pics I took of my collection 021.gif

I have Butler Creek folders on my Remington 870, Ruger 10/22, and Ruger Mini-14. They're rock solid. I prefer them on rifles, but the 870 isn't too bad. Only complaint I have is that the LoP is about an inch or so longer than I'd like, but it feels good once shouldered. I added a little paracord wrap to all three of them for a cheek weld. All three have compartments in the bottom for batteries, tools, etc. I find them to be handy stocks, and that's something I like, a nice, light, maneuverable gun.

ANYWAYS

101_9657_zps9025f9a5.jpg

101_9668_zps6c95ec32.jpg

2433d747-d98e-46ef-b953-c0a92b65a9cf_zps

Bought a Tantal wire-folder for my x39 Saiga mostly because I think it looks cool. Its also the rifle I take on bathroom breaks, clearing rooms, or deer hunting (fired from the drivers seat of my Geo metro j/k ).

Your Mini-14 looks very nice.

• Like 1

I have an Ace folder on my 8" S-12, I have a folding stock for an M1 Carbine that I never use, can't remember the manufacturer, also have a Romanian folder on my WASR-22, and an AK-100 folder, from the factory, installed in/on my SLR-107FR. I have an overfolder permanently pinned/welded in place on my PPS-43C, but hope to eventually SBR it. I also have an AGP folder for a 10/22, but while I've installed it on a 10/22, I took it off as it's pretty useless without a front handguard. If a Ruger 10/22 takedown ever becomes available in black instead of stainless, I want to get one, SBR it and pair it with the AGP stock. I also have a vz. 58 folder on my Draco SBR that is awaiting transfer.

Not really big into folders, usually. I prefer fixed stocks, and most of the rifles that have folders are short, or they came that way and I haven't bothered to change it.

One S-12 has a Bulgarian wire folder with a grenade launcher butt pad. One S-12 has a Romanian wire folder with a grenade launcher butt pad. I absolutely love them, and they reduce felt recoil. It's like shooting my AR-15 with them on the S-12. One S-12 has a DPH folder with a limbsaver butt pad. it is too long. I don't like the cheesy mounting system, with the cheap machine screws and it is a biotch to fold and unfold. I like the DPH folder by itself, it just needs a better mounting point. The wire folders both have a simple thumb lever. I love, love, love both wire folders, and you don't have to cut the tang.

Folders just never looked right on M1/M1A-type rifles. M1 Carbines look okay with the paratrooper stock, but freestanding pistol grips on those guns look profane to me. Otherwise, I like them a great deal. Now that Michigan's stupid laws have changed slightly, I may add some more folding stocks.

One of my favorite folders is on my WiseLite Sterling carbine. It's sort of a complicated anachronism, but the pantograph design is solid and elegant.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 1

I had folding stocks years ago when they were needed. The only good thing about them is that they fit into vehicles better than a rifle with a fixed stock. The downside is more moving parts, less stability, poor reference and the inability to use the stock as a weapon. I have no use for folding stocks anymore but would like a nice takedown .308 rifle.

You have a nice collection there!