***Massive solar flare narrowly misses Earth, EMP disaster barely avoi

Controlled like Katrina, Irene,.... The Alaskan fires???

I agree. My buddy down the street was and still is a prepper. We did not live in an area that was ever known to flood. He was well stocked and ready. 25 plus feet of water put an end to all that right quick and in a hurry. Camile was the bench mark that everyone on the gulf coast in the gulfport/biloxi/Pass Christian weighed hurricanes against. Katrina put Camile to shame. Period. Bottom line, prepare for what you can, some shit you can't period. No sense worrying your self sick over crazy shit.

You can not be ready enough for some of the shit sandwich's that mother nature serves you. Sometimes you just gotta take a bite like everyone else. Mother nature is the great equalizer. She could give two shits if you prep or not. You can not control her. She is one ruthless bitch.

We ALL had two days notice that the motherfu**** of all storms was bearing down, Saturday early the winds hit 175 mph and headed for the redneck riviera.

If he didnt get his shit in order in that length of time then preping aint his problem.

Not like they sneak up and say boo after all.

What the fuck does that have to do with being able to control mother nature? Seriously? My whole point was that mother nature is unpredictable. You can prep your ass off and still get kicked in the johnson. So prep, but don't worry about shit you can't control. Also, Katrina doubled back on us in Mississippi. She started to come ashore, and suddenly backed off and it looked like she was gonna squat and blow her self out. Instead she regained power and slammed back into .

Edited by breid
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

Not 100% sure I agree with this. I remember a world without computers and in many ways it was better. Slower pace and more of an opportunity for true craftsmanship and talent to shine.   I also thi

It is in the flawed nature of man to be foolish.   Education and intelligence are the tools of wisdom, they are of no value when misused.

Posted Images

You dont control nature what one does is have the opportunity to control is the outcome. You live in an area that WILL have a bastard of a storm eventually, it is inevitable. One does not know when but we know it will happen and how to prepare. That is control.

The people of New Orleans decided funds for levies better spent on statues and Cadillacs.

We reap what we sow.

*sighs*

And how was living within a mile of the beach any different? Hell several miles for that matter.

I love the Gulf and it's people. I would love to live on beach but ya know what? I dont because someday...

Preparation is more than storing stuff.

The ONLY thing I have to add to this whole clusterfuck.... is how about we put JESS on moderator preview... and delete everything that comes out in all bold caps?!?!?!?

Maybe that will get him to CONFORM, and GET WITH THE PROGRAM, and TOW THE LINE, and BE ON THE TEAM, etc..etc...etc... :lol:

:smoke:

Make it a OH-58 and you got my old ride! My 58's came to my unit when my father commanded it, and left when I was a crewchief in it.

Umm, ok, what does an Obsevation Helicopter (OH-58) have to do with an Attack Helicopter (AH-6) besides being kind of close in size?

I believe the AH-6 is the Hughes 500 Defender or armed version of the OH-6. Both the OH-58 and OH/AH-6 could carry the M-134 minigun. A 67V is mechanic for both models.

Make it a OH-58 and you got my old ride! My 58's came to my unit when my father commanded it, and left when I was a crewchief in it.

Umm, ok, what does an Obsevation Helicopter (OH-58) have to do with an Attack Helicopter (AH-6) besides being kind of close in size?

I believe the AH-6 is the Hughes 500 Defender or armed version of the OH-6. Both the OH-58 and OH/AH-6 could carry the M-134 minigun. A 67V is mechanic for both models.
A Kiowa and a Little Bird are different animals. If the Kiowa was a better platform to use as a light ground attack aircraft, they'd be using them. Thing is, they aren't and that is why the 160th uses AH-6s instead of 58s. You can put a minigun on anything, hell I've seen them on SF HMMWVs. All the Kiowas I run across while deployed were unarmed and being used as Observation Helicopters to bird dog for the Apaches. The OH-6 hasn't been in use as an observation platform for decades, in fact the current AH-6s are purpose built (new) as gunship platforms for Special Operations. Edited by MT Predator

The OH-6 was a rare bird even in my time! There were only about 5 units in the US with them when I was at Ft. Rucker. The D model 58 was brand spanking new.

We still had that POS XM70 reflex sight for ours. But we'd just boresight the thing best we could and put an X on the windshield for the pilot.

One time the TI bumped the gun off from where I had it, and the pilot almost shit his pants when the burst hit 40' in front of the aircraft blowing shit everywhere!

Oh the fun of 24 years ago!

Danger's no stranger to the Bell Jet Ranger!

Edited by Capt Nemo
  • Like 1

This was just posted on yay-who.

http://news.yahoo.com/doomsday-fear-could-emp-throw-world-chaos-180101258.html

"While some preppers take things a little far, both an EMP attack and control mass ejection are "genuine concerns," Baker said. "I don't think taking preparations for both is unwarranted" by governments and individuals, he said. Governments can prepare by looking at how to better secure the electrical grid, Baker said. Some reasonable preparations individuals can take involve keeping enough food and water to last a week or more, he added."

It's nice to know that a week or so is all we need to worry about. I guess the gubmit will magically make it all better in 10 days or less.

It's amazing how somebody could be a physicist and still come to the conclusion that a few cans of food and bottles of water is all that's needed. Just proves (again) that education and intelligence are not related.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

This was just posted on yay-who.

http://news.yahoo.com/doomsday-fear-could-emp-throw-world-chaos-180101258.html

"While some preppers take things a little far, both an EMP attack and control mass ejection are "genuine concerns," Baker said. "I don't think taking preparations for both is unwarranted" by governments and individuals, he said. Governments can prepare by looking at how to better secure the electrical grid, Baker said. Some reasonable preparations individuals can take involve keeping enough food and water to last a week or more, he added."

It's nice to know that a week or so is all we need to worry about. I guess the gubmit will magically make it all better in 10 days or less.

It's amazing how somebody could be a physicist and still come to the conclusion that a few cans of food and bottles of water is all that's needed. Just proves (again) that education and intelligence are not related.

It is in the flawed nature of man to be foolish.

Education and intelligence are the tools of wisdom, they are of no value when misused.

• Like 3