Bolt hitting rear of the receiver

I just took my MKA-XN out for the break in session. I got back home to clean it up and found metal slivers. I stripped it down and saw that the bolt was hitting the rear of the receiver and made a ring from the impact, I don't think this is a good thing. Anybody had this happen?

Spoke with RAAC who then gives a new number to call the people who handle warranty’s. The woman said to ship the gun back, there were no technicians to speak with.

post-18845-0-59651800-1376406602_thumb.jpg

Xagent is your gun stock?? If you have replaced the recoil spring with a softer one and then shoot heavy loads I would not be supprised by this happening. If your gun is stock the spring could just be too weak and allowing the gun to cycle to easy thus the bolt slamming into the back of the receiver.

Everything stock haven't changed a thing. I have been shooting the wal mart winchester universal loads and some other 1 1/8 oz. I had some problems with the some of the shells getting caught on the side of the chamber but aligned to go in. I had to pull the bolt back a bit and then they would cycle into the chamber.

Every gun we have had come through our shop has looked like that. It is a common "problem" on these guns. No matter stock or aftermarket spring. There is a very fine line where the gun functions correctly without causing any damage. That fine line is matching the correct power shell with the spring rate. This is nearly impossible to do for the range of shells available and differences between manufacturers.

The only real fix (or band aid) is to make a buffer to go into the rear of the upper receiver. We haven't seen where the bolt hitting the upper receiver has caused any issues with the gun.

We have several shop guns with well over 2K rds through them and they run great. All of which have the same battering of the receiver.

Is it just me or has there been a rash of new owners with not before reported problems ? Seems odd to me, as I am sure there are well over 5k of these guns out there and nobody I have heard about has had or at least reported any of these problems. I think I will call Clyde tomorrow and ask him some questions.

Is it just me or has there been a rash of new owners with not before reported problems ? Seems odd to me, as I am sure there are well over 5k of these guns out there and nobody I have heard about has had or at least reported any of these problems. I think I will call Clyde tomorrow and ask him some questions.

5K ? from what I've what I understand that's only 2 months of sales, pretty sure they sold around 14K guns in 2011, were projecting 20K in 12, I think they went waaaaay over that, the only limiting factor was the availability from the MFG