Finally "pulled the trigger" and bought a KSG

Got it brand new from a FFL. It is the newest generation and i am stoked. This beside my VEPR gives me the two most awesome shotguns made in my collection. Will hopefully be here for pick up on Saturday.

I can not wait to have them side by side.

Thanks for the heads up Yakdung. I will make certain that i do that. Do they not have a place to register new guns like most other manufacturers do?

Dane,

The UTAS is not an option for me because i am a lefty. Any bullpup with a side ejection port is a non-starter for me. I was originally stoked when i saw the UTAS a while back but then the side ejection killed it for me.

UTAS is a pretty sweet shotgun imo but then again I'm also ambidextrous. Thing I don't like about the KSG is that you have to manually select the tube you want it to feed.

Menace, it sounds like you are also a candidate for an FS-2000. It's right side eject but it ejects further forward and the rounds drop out of the rifle instead of being flung out by the ejection process on most rifles.

Shadowfire- My next purchase is a Tavor with the left handed bolt option. Prior to the tavor I always wanted a PS90, but the ammo availability is so scarce that it was never financially practical since I like to shoot a lot and still have ammo on hand. I have a Stag left handed AR that i love and will probably end up with another couple of them also.

As far as the UTAS vs KSG goes, There are up's and down's to the selector knob issue. I see why Keltec did what they did since as a LEO I would want total control of my ammo and not worry about a malfunction causing the wrong ammo to fire. Having to manually select your feed tube makes it an operator error and not mechanical error if it were to happen. From a civilian shooter option being able to rotate between tubes without manipulation is much more user friendly and it would be cool it Keltec made two models to accommodate both, but since they barely make any now if they added another model we may never see one in person.

I think UTAS dropped the ball the most with not making it ambi like Keltec did. Keltec has taken to the model of making their high end items ambi and bullpup and in the RFB and KSG that idea has excelled.

Yakdung- Ruger has a place on their website where you register your firearm for any warranty issues that may arise and such. I was asking if they had anything like that available. After asking I looked on their website and could no find anything to that degree. Sorry for a confusing question, English is my first language but I am still not very good at it :-)

Yakdung- Ruger has a place on their website where you register your firearm for any warranty issues that may arise and such. I was asking if they had anything like that available. After asking I looked on their website and could no find anything to that degree. Sorry for a confusing question, English is my first language but I am still not very good at it :-)

Ok.I understand now. If so I'm not aware. I made the suggestion about the receipt, because I own a PLR-22 and can't seem to find the original receipt. Don't know what I'm going to do if it needs repair.

• Like 1

Shadowfire- My next purchase is a Tavor with the left handed bolt option. Prior to the tavor I always wanted a PS90, but the ammo availability is so scarce that it was never financially practical since I like to shoot a lot and still have ammo on hand. I have a Stag left handed AR that i love and will probably end up with another couple of them also.

As far as the UTAS vs KSG goes, There are up's and down's to the selector knob issue. I see why Keltec did what they did since as a LEO I would want total control of my ammo and not worry about a malfunction causing the wrong ammo to fire. Having to manually select your feed tube makes it an operator error and not mechanical error if it were to happen. From a civilian shooter option being able to rotate between tubes without manipulation is much more user friendly and it would be cool it Keltec made two models to accommodate both, but since they barely make any now if they added another model we may never see one in person.

I think UTAS dropped the ball the most with not making it ambi like Keltec did. Keltec has taken to the model of making their high end items ambi and bullpup and in the RFB and KSG that idea has excelled.

Well it's good that you found some you like.

I can't argue with going for a Tavor either. I have friends in the IDF and despite the fact that with a full mag it still weighs more than an M4, they like the Tavor. The older guys don't like that it's mandated that they can't be trained to use the Tavor as part of the transition in the IDF but they do get to play with them when a new guy shows up at the range. lol biggrin.png

Edited by ShadowFire
  • Like 1

Nice!

I had 2 of them. I bought them when they were cheap and sold them when things went crazy. I made close to $1000 profit on each of them. The price is still steadily coming down. I saw one brand new for $900 the other day. I think I'm going to try the UTAS-15 next to see which one I like better. I will more then likely get another KSG once the price settles back down. IMO it's not worth the $1100-$1300 they are getting for them at the moment.

Edited by Joe**Dirt

I paid $1100 out the door. In Jacksonville Florida area the biggest gun store that gets them from time to time (Shooters) rapes people on prices of guns so theirs are stupid when they get them. I planned to try and wait out the prices till they dropped, but now that Keltec has raised their cost for them i doubt you will see many below the $1000 mark anymore. Even their website has the MSRP over $1100 now. Read where someone said they were trying to recover their R&D costs prior to any possible ban implementation since the KSG has recently been added to some. Worst case scenario is i over paid by a couple hundred bucks, but i am happy to finally have one at the best price I have ever seen available.

Ive sent my sub2000 in for work twice. I never had to give them anything other than the gun. Call them ahead of time and talk to some one and let them know its on the way. They told me to write "machine parts" on the outside of the box when I called them, good advice. So WHEN you need to send it in, just do that. Oh and the sub2k works great now so, there is that.

I paid $1100 out the door. In Jacksonville Florida area the biggest gun store that gets them from time to time (Shooters) rapes people on prices of guns so theirs are stupid when they get them. I planned to try and wait out the prices till they dropped, but now that Keltec has raised their cost for them i doubt you will see many below the $1000 mark anymore. Even their website has the MSRP over $1100 now. Read where someone said they were trying to recover their R&D costs prior to any possible ban implementation since the KSG has recently been added to some. Worst case scenario is i over paid by a couple hundred bucks, but i am happy to finally have one at the best price I have ever seen available.

No it isn't. It was after Sandy hook. They raised it then. This is a quote from their website.

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.

It's a sweet shotgun and you will really enjoy it. I will get another one once the price comes down below $800.

If you're happy with the purchase that's all that matters.

Description Estimated MSRP KSG ~$ 1197.00

That is from their website with a MSRP of $1197.

I am happy with the purchase and will be happier to have it inhand Tuesday when my FFL opens. Gotta shop for some sights to put on it. Thinking some low profile fold down sights. Any suggestions.

Description

Estimated MSRP

KSG

~$ 1197.00

That is from their website with a MSRP of $1197.

I am happy with the purchase and will be happier to have it inhand Tuesday when my FFL opens. Gotta shop for some sights to put on it. Thinking some low profile fold down sights. Any suggestions.

Troy battle sights

Found a set of Daniel Defense fixed irons that i like and may try out. Do not necessarily have to use an optic on the KSG and i could use a cowitness if i like them. I hate making choices because as soon as i do i fond something i like better.