Login details

Could someone explain what the note under my login of "Harpoon" that says "warn %" means? It says 0% in my case. I've never said anything controversial on this forum and noticed that others don't have it. Thanks, Don

Don,

Everyone has it but you can only see your own "warning" status. Zero means you have either never been warned or your status has been reduced to zero based upon "good behavior". It's just a tool for the Moderators to put members on notice when they cross the line. Not to worry.......your in good standing. Enjoy. :super::super:

Wolverine

Thanks for explaining that, Wolverine. I was at a loss to understand why it appeared that I might have been censured. BTW, if you don't mind, how did you choose the handle "Wolverine"? Have you had any experience with those animals? Awesomely powerful for their size. Don

Thanks for explaining that, Wolverine. I was at a loss to understand why it appeared that I might have been censured. BTW, if you don't mind, how did you choose the handle "Wolverine"? Have you had any experience with those animals? Awesomely powerful for their size. Don

Don,

Your welcome. I chose the name Wolverine based on two things. First, I live in Michigan and it is called the "Wolverine State". It is also the University of Michigans football teams name. Second, I chose it based on the well documented ferocity of those mean critters.

PS...Although Michigan is often called the "Wolverine State" there are no more wolverines in Michigan.

Wierd, huh?

Wolverine

Wolverine2.jpg

PS...Although Michigan is often called the "Wolverine State" there are no more wolverines in Michigan.

Wolverine

Oh yeah? I quick googled it & found this from 2004. I remember seeing it on the news. One was spotted in Ubly. (lower peninsula - thumb area) The hunters called in a biologist to photograph & check it out. They had video of it running along side their snowmobile. One big sob too!!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4374309/

Wolverine

Oh yeah? I quick googled it & found this from 2004. I remember seeing it on the news. One was spotted in Ubly. (lower peninsula - thumb area) The hunters called in a biologist to photograph & check it out. They had video of it running along side their snowmobile. One big sob too!!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4374309/

Interesting and unusal. I wonder if someone "transplanted" that one or a few to see if they would take off. Either that or it wandered down out of Canada where apparently they still can be found in some northern regions. In any case they would be fun to hunt. Kind of like cornering a badger. :lolol:

If I remember correctly, they believe it came across on a garbage truck from Canadia...lots of imported trash dumping in that area...but who knows.

Makes sense as wolverines have voracious appetites and are known scavengers.

wait a minute, the canadians have enough fucking land, why are they dumping thier shit here? that dont seem a little off to anyone else?

Detroit can't sell cars so Michigan accepts garbage for money instead. What the hell stinks anyway? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

they shouldnt be allowed to accept garbage from fucking canada. the canadians have more than enough land of thier own to screw up without adding to our own mess here. shit should be illegal.

they shouldnt be allowed to accept garbage from fucking canada. the canadians have more than enough land of thier own to screw up without adding to our own mess here. shit should be illegal.

you guys suck, there is ONE wolverine left in michigan and you're talking about shooting it. that's messed up. if i enjoy shooting something then i want the same enjoyment to be around for my kid when he grows up. there are lots of critters that are fun to find and shoot but will still be around long after i am gone. like, armadillos, or skunks, or politicians.

CheatTheDevil

post-2465-1136342807_thumb.jpg

In regard to hunting wolverines.............

Yeps, its gotta come out the "Good Ole Boy" syndrome of wanting to kill every animal , kinda like the Easter Island habitants cutting the trees off their island , thereby sealing their fate, being landbound for the rest of their lives. Wonder what was going through the islanders minds when they cut that last tree?

"I am being Macho, gonna cut that there tree down to show I CAN DO IT!"

Edited by Sunset_Va

Not to worry. I don't think anyone here has put a "contract" out on the "lost" Michigan wolverine. Hell, he's our Mascot.

I can't speak for the others but I was suggesting that hunting a wolverine would be interesting based upon their known reputation. They will tackle mountain lions, bears, moose and other beasts in a fight for food. And they can carry off a whole deer when the situation arises. The truth is I have alot of respect for the critters. Why else would I adopt the name?

Wolverines are primarily nocturnal. We'd need to borrow some coon huntin' dogs to get one. :lolol:

I don't kill for the sake of killing. Moving targets are too tough for this macho he man. I like tin cans, plasic jugs and paper targets.

Lighten up guys you are a little too literal in your interpretation. Stick around and get to know the cast of characters and our deviant personalities. :lolol:

By the way CheatTheDevil, if you are truly interested in the legacy you leave your son, I'd worry alot less about extinction of the critters and a whole lot more about the politicians and government. They are taking far more from our children than any of us ever could. Ever hear of a guy named Abramoff? :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180409,00.html

Wolverine

Ya know... with a super-pecker that size... I dont care if he *IS* the "man of steel" he is still going to PASS OUT from lack of oxygen, from blood loss to the brain each time he gets "excited".... ROFL!!!

I would like to state that I shoot trees down and burn them for heat. I dont just shoot em down and leave them. also, even though I hate cleaning the damn things, I will eat most anything I kill.

speaking of which, frosty has made an appearance in the yard here, and hes got an attitude. Im going to go fix that.