I did a combo of those two.  I had an old military towel that was unraveling so I used it and some pliers and got it.

I like this thing, it's a pretty smooth shooter.  I noticed it likes me to shoulder it with the top of the stock further down and the top of my shoulder as high up to the bore as possible.

I can't add much to liven up this section of the forum, but I guess I can offer some progress notes on my MKA.  I got mine about six weeks ago.  I've had it out twice to break it in and put about 100 rounds through it each session.  First time out had a few FTEs and couple of times where the bolt did not lock back on an empty mag.  The second time out I had fewer glitches so it's getting better.  All of this was in factory config.  I've now done a few mods including cutting the stock and grip areas and adding a Magpul CTR stock and Hogue grip.  Also added a T&N trigger pack.  I'm hoping to get it out later this week for another 100 rounds.  As funds allow I will add a new forend and a few other goodies that I will reveal in the picture thread at some point. 

Check out the T&N op rod and you'll never have to fight that factory knurled nut again. That was my main bitch when I got mine and they found a way to replace it.

I plan on getting one sooner or later.  Been planning on that since I made a decision to get one.

I have not had any jams so far but then again I waited till I could understand more about what the stock system was designed to do.

I fired Winchester Super-X 2 3/4 inch, 9 pellet, 00 buckshot rounds.  It ate it but as it had the advertised 1300 fps rating on it, I expected it to eat it.

Not an extensive test but I never planned to grab a ton of different ammo and extensively test it because I have seen the results of other people's tests on MKAs.

I did get a good handguard though, I was pleased with that.  Not much flex on the two halves of the handguard, fits snug.  The magwell needs a little work so that empty mags drop freely, I had to manually pull my 5 round mags that were issued.  Not so much a problem if you intend to use a dump pouch but an annoyance if you don't want to use one.

Edited by ShadowFire

It's nothing overly exciting, but I added a couple of "Impact Weapons" Triglides to the padded Blue Force Gear slings on both my MKA 1919 and my .458 SOCOM.  With the Z-360 sling mount from Tactical Link, I'm able to go from a two-point setup to a one-point setup quickly on my .458 SOCOM... and I'll be adding the same item to my MKA 1919 shortly.  The Triglides aren't anything fancy... no moving parts or anything... but they seem well made and work as intended.

Check out the T&N op rod and you'll never have to fight that factory knurled nut again. That was my main bitch when I got mine and they found a way to replace it.

I agree!  The T&N rod is WAY better than the factory rod!  The nut is way better to work with, too... infinitely better than the knurled, factory fastener!  Didn't have any problems threading the T&N rod into my FB lower, either.

Edited by Hunter308

I have also noticed when I was shooting that my mod choke got loose (Despite cranking down on it firmly).  Only thing I did was oil the threads so hopefully the threads wouldn't seize up in the barrel.

It did produce a nice tight pattern though.  :)