Help ! Is my bolt carrier broken?

Hi. I have a pre XN and where they bolt attaches to the bolt carrier there is a little ball bearing that is spring loaded, the ball bearing has fell out and it won't stay in place. Obviously it is for the bolt handle to lock on to which I kind of like having, any suggestions on how I can I fix it back in.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by steveUK

I don't have a pic available. You can see the bolt carrier on the following link and clearly see the ball bearing, http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_akdal_mka_1919_p5.php

Mine has just fell out, the spring is still there and I managed to re-assemble the gun ok and the bolt lever fitted in ok, just would like amore permanent fix. Thanks

Pretty easy fix,(after you've done it) you need to RE-stake the hole.

You need a punch just SLIGHTLY bigger than the hole, put the spring and ball back in the hole.

Center the punch over the hole, holding everything in place, Strike the punch with a hammer.

This will swell the metal at the top, INTO the hole, closing it slightly, holding everything in.

We've had a few new ones come in with this problem, haven't seen it in a while though.

You need a punch just SLIGHTLY bigger than the hole, put the spring and ball back in the hole.

So far I'm not having this problem, but thanks for the tip.  

I assume you are using a flat tipped punch.  Or are there punches with a concave bottom?

Thanks.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Thanks for all the help, tried it and it worked perfectly, well had to hit it twice, maybe held back on he first go.

This is why I am a member on this forum, as relatively new to the MKA you get good advice and help from people who know what they are doing, thanks again.