CDNN Sports or CDNN Investments.com.  I'd give you the link but they are not an advertiser here and I am a Mod so..........Google it.

I'd only be luke warm interested at half that price.

Then you won't be buying much 22lr ever again.  Not that it matters if some of us stop buying 22.  They sell every brick they can make at $60.

Get used to it boys.  You'll never get gas for $1.99 a gallon again or 22lr for $10 a brick. 

You can find 22 rarely for $30 a brick but it sells out in seconds.

For me, I'd rather shoot x39 at 0.24/rd than 22 at 0.12/rd.  At least as long as that lasts...

I have several thousand rounds of 22lr backordered at 6 to 7 cents a round.  Whether I'll ever get any of it...

Then you won't be buying much 22lr ever again.  Not that it matters if some of us stop buying 22.  They sell every brick they can make at $60.

Get used to it boys.  You'll never get gas for $1.99 a gallon again or 22lr for $10 a brick. 

For me, I'd rather shoot x39 at 0.24/rd than 22 at 0.12/rd.  At least as long as that lasts...

I have several thousand rounds of 22lr backordered at 6 to 7 cents a round.  Whether I'll ever get any of it...

Man I am old. I miss .89 per gallon!!!!

DS is right. Demand is up, and money is worth less. Those were the good old days at .06, even if it was only a very short while ago.

You mite have to get up early or stay up late to get it at good prices but it can be done I have bought thousands of rounds all at good prices 5 cents a round all since all of this craziness started. and have not been buying for a few months now. So it there you just have to work a little to get it 5 cents won't show up in your in box...  

I cant believe people are still hoarding it like crazy. I dont get the fascination with 22. I have one just to have one. I have maybe 6 or 7 bricks that I bought years ago and they have lasted all this time. They are generally the least accurate round, least reliable firearms and i just dont see the training side of it

I cant believe people are still hoarding it like crazy. I dont get the fascination with 22. I have one just to have one. I have maybe 6 or 7 bricks that I bought years ago and they have lasted all this time. They are generally the least accurate round, least reliable firearms and i just dont see the training side of it

I dont know whats wrong with your 22 but none of mine have ever had a non-ammo related failure except once when the recoil buffer in a Marlin 795 busted. The ammo related were all either cheap crap(Remington etc) or sub-sonics in a semi-auto when I was looking for one that would cycle the action (CCI won).

Accuracy? Please. One ragged hole at 50 yds aint bad at all, even an unmodified Marlin can do sub-2MOA. 

Training? Ask Appleseed about that, they have trained more new shooters than anyone outside of .gov.

Now on the downside, the temporary (shall we dare hope) condition works against the 22LR for all the reasons they are so useful.

Damn near everyone has them, damn near everyone got used to firing a LOT of them, and a crap load of new shooter's only rifle is a 22.

HIGH demand. HIGH anxiety. LOT of rip-offs.

One can easily replace what is expended now for close to the old prices if attention is paid to reputable sources when its there jump fast. 

Also if you use higher end 22 its everywhere.

That is some improvement right there.

PS: 

On gas prices, two silver dimes would buy a gallon of gas in the sixties.

Now its roughly $2 per silver dime.

Guess what?

Thank your local FED.

Edited by Rhodes1968

I may be a sucker but the higher end Federal and CCI .22 lr ammo is worth 12 to 15 cents a round to me in the current market.  I'm looking for 32 to 40 gr cphp ammo with 1250 to 1500 fps.  Forget the bucket of Remington jamomatic crap that falls apart.

I may be a sucker but the higher end Federal and CCI .22 lr ammo is worth 12 to 15 cents a round to me in the current market.  I'm looking for 32 to 40 gr cphp ammo with 1250 to 1500 fps.  Forget the bucket of Remington jamomatic crap that falls apart.

I agree the higher end stuff is actually a bargain in comparison.

Example of a little out of the box thinking;

If you have a Cabela in the area they get in the CCI mini-mags for online from time to time.

Last a few days at most.

They have free shipping to the store.

I place several orders have them shipped to the store and go pick them up when I go along with the reloading stuff I dont get online.

Last time I picked up 600 at 8.9 cents a round, about 1 cent higher than I used to buy them.

The deals are there, just have to be lucky enough to stumble across one. Got 1000 Remington Thunderbolt .22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Round Nose for $73 shipped from Grady's Great Outdoors. Don't bother they sold out quick. Just happened to check gundeals ammo list and it was on there. Good for plinking, saving the CCI, SK and Win for a rainy day.

I really like the SK (Wolf) when shooting for score. 

As I get more CCI I move it to storage and gradually move the other brands into the range bin.

I really like the CCI sub-sonics they cycle the semis perfect yet remain very quiet for doing so, accurate as hell also.

Cant find those at all since last year. Damnit 

CCI has done an excellent job, not one of their products has ever let me down.

Just performs better than the rest.

Even the Buckmark likes em, a lot.

As I said eventually those ammo cans will be full of it. Then I buy more ammo cans big_smile.gif

Just cant forget the O2 and H2O absorbents before I seal them for the long term.

I dont know whats wrong with your 22 but none of mine have ever had a non-ammo related failure except once when the recoil buffer in a Marlin 795 busted. The ammo related were all either cheap crap(Remington etc) or sub-sonics in a semi-auto when I was looking for one that would cycle the action (CCI won).

Accuracy? Please. One ragged hole at 50 yds aint bad at all, even an unmodified Marlin can do sub-2MOA. 

Training? Ask Appleseed about that, they have trained more new shooters than anyone outside of .gov.

Now on the downside, the temporary (shall we dare hope) condition works against the 22LR for all the reasons they are so useful.

Damn near everyone has them, damn near everyone got used to firing a LOT of them, and a crap load of new shooter's only rifle is a 22.

One can easily replace what is expended now for close to the old prices if attention is paid to reputable sources when its there jump fast. 

PS: 

Guess what?

Thank your local FED.

Appleseed can train all they want. Im sure if you had a constant bunch of new shooters you wont be spending $1 a round per individual.

Malfunctions are ammo related...picky guns, dirty ammo.

All that is fine and dandy. Shoot whatever you like. I just dont see the value in training when the recoil is different, the guns are different, the grips are different, control are different. If Im carrying a 22 I'll train with a 22. I carry a 9 and will train with a 9

Man I am old. I miss .89 per gallon!!!!

DS is right. Demand is up, and money is worth less. Those were the good old days at .06, even if it was only a very short while ago.

You think you are old?  In 1971 I was in the Air Force at age 17.  Gas on Lackland Airforce base in Texas was $0.18 a gallon.  I was later (after basic and police training) stationed in Oscoda, MI and paid $0.25 a gallon in Grand Rapids when I came home on weekends to see my girlfriend.  Now that is old!  Oh, and she was a beauty and so worth the four hour drive one way!  wink.png

CDNN Sports has posted the bricks have sold out.  It looks like many others are willing to pay the $60 for a brick.  I wouldn't look for a real drop in price for some time. They sell it as fast as they can post it at $0.12 a round.  Happy hunting!

PS: 

Guess what?

Thank your local FED.

Appleseed can train all they want. Im sure if you had a constant bunch of new shooters you wont be spending $1 a round per individual.

Malfunctions are ammo related...picky guns, dirty ammo.

All that is fine and dandy. Shoot whatever you like. I just dont see the value in training when the recoil is different, the guns are different, the grips are different, control are different. If Im carrying a 22 I'll train with a 22. I carry a 9 and will train with a 9

1. Exactly and you wouldn't want to pay that much either as an experienced shooter going through 500 rds a week ( Or even 100) just because it's in your blood.

2. Improper crimp/fit of the bullet in the case is the biggest culprit. Ive seen this on more than just 22s.

3. If you were going to end up driving say a 70 Hemi Cuda would it be logical to assume the skills learned driving a Volvo didnt apply?

BTW switching off to 22s is a very accepted method of working on a variety of shooting errors, flinch not being the least.

To learn long range large cal shooting shooting the folks at sniper's hide advice was start with a 22 at 100yds and work it out to as far as you can.

Drop, wind, body control, breath, ballistics all come into play with the little round at the edge of its range.

Great advice, it's how I learned. After all how people have access to 500m+ shooting ranges?

Now notice I did not say the training ended with 22s, of course you train with what you tote but the little round has an important place. 

Not to mention a 22 can keep heads down as effectively as 30cal maybe even better in some scenarios.

Which is better tote, 5k of 22 or 500 308s? Really depends doesn't it.