saiga bolt gouging brass

I was function testing my rifle and i noticed the brass and neck of the bullet have a thin scratch. To me it appears, the bolt rides it and scratches right when it makes contact with the bullet guide.

However, when i removed the BG it still does it. Not as drastic

Its the bolt doing it and its not really an issue if its only a scratch. 

If it bothers you then polishing, not grinding but polishing, the edges of the bolt lugs will likely eliminate it.

You can use your dremel polish pad and some compound to do the job safely, just clean it all up afterward.

• 2 weeks later...

just curious, why are so concern  about scratch on the casing? it's not a big thing, and pretty much a normal thing when a round gets stripper from the mag and chambered,  there is nothing wrong with the rifle.

if a scratch gets you wound up, then for pete's sake don't ever in your life buy a HK rifle, you'll go into convulsions when you see what a fluted chamber does to a casing.  

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Man that's standard there.  Damn near every AK in the world probably does it.  Yeah it just scratched off the coating.  Provided no setback would develop (You'll know setback when you see it, the bullet gets pushed back into the casing too far, starts looking like the bullet is a knub.  lol) you could load that thing in the chamber and extract it 50 times and it would probably still fire and eject cleanly.

Shove it in and let it off the chain, have some fun at the range.  :)