Is the BATFE getting ready to change its mind... AGAIN?

Sometimes the BATFE reminds me of a dog, running in circles, chasing its tail!

First it signs off on, and allows the importation of certain "questionable" weapons, then turns around wonders if it has violated its own rules by allowing them to be imported. Up for debate now is whether the pistol grip on a shotgun excludes it from the definition of a "shotgun used for sporting purposes" currently on the books, and makes it a "destructive device" under NFA regulation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-pos ... la_inbound

Is this a case of "The lunatics running the asylum"? Or is this part of a calculated plan that will open the door for confiscation of those "questionable" weapons?

The concern/problem may be that the BATFE kinda painted them selves into a corner.  They can regulate rifles and shotguns, but by their own rulings, pistol grip shotguns without a buttstock are neither rifles or shotguns.  My be related to the "any other weapon" situation?

What they are probably doing is just cleaning house with their new BATFE director and trying to figure out ways to fuck with the law abiding citizen even more.  Is this possibly related to the proposed NFA trust law enforcement sign off requirements and back ground checks for trust individuals?

I think it is definitely related in that the common theme here is the fucking with us all.  I hardly imagine the BATFE doing anything else here.  Can you even imagine them even going in the other direction?.....like supporting The Constitution Of The United States?  Oh my.  HB of CJ (old coot)

All US Code Laws and NFA Rules Apply