A charge of DUI doesn't always mean conviction.

Of the half dozen times I've been called for jury duty I only sat on one trial.

It was a DUI case. We had to convict, they had him dead to rights by the law. .08 BAC and he was definitely driving. I don't think the guy was under the influence at that level but the law says otherwise.

In this guys case and if his story checks out, if you were on the jury would you convict him of " DRIVING " under the influence?

In the end it's up to the jury. We could have found the guy not guilty as jurors regardless of the law but decided we might be saving his life by fucking him in the ass. I still wonder if it was necessarily the right decision.

Again, hope he gets his day in court.

I can't speak for any other State, but the DUI laws on the books in Georgia are stacked against any potential defendant. The laws are worded here so the mere suspicion of you imbibing, even if you are legally under the limit, are enough to convict you in a court of law. Driving while impaired, although supposedly a lesser charge than a DUI, carries almost the same penalties, fines, and restitution as a full blown 1st DUI.

Georgia is considered a ZERO tolerance state for DUI, and unless you are a politico or someone of wealth or privilege, the man will hammer you for it here.....