BR99 runs 1oz loads from the box

I'll stick with the 1919 just for it's customizability and upgradeable parts selection.

You can make the 1919 into a real monster but are pretty much stuck with the BR99 the way it is.

With that said, the BR99 looks ok for a cheapo gun you don't have to worry about.

I see they are selling on gunbroker for under 400 bucks. I would probably pick one up if I

didn't despise gunbroker so much. 

It has one feature that is very nice, that is the feed lips. Aside from that Matt from T&N has already done side by sides

and the BR99 is all Gen 1 MKA parts not the better XN parts. So, better?  If you want the rotatable feed lips, I guess.

Here are just a few different parts

Lower

Upper

Fore end

Sights

Gas System

Drive block

Hammer

Even the trigger, shall I go on?

It's no MKA gen 1

If people made after market parts for the BR99 then they would sell a lot more.

Why do people keep knocking the BR99. Is it because they have spent a lot of money on a 1919? 

Steve..........

You can go on, but you would be mistaken. The part comparison has already been made, the BR99 is a rip off design of the MKA and it's

using non XN style MKA parts. Sorry I don't classify some new plastic as a big deal.

You seem like you are on a mission to prove something. Good luck with that mission!

The ex partners both own the rights to the original MKA. One made his version XN, the other the BR99.

That's why they are both alike but different. Not a rip off

The comparison was made by the company that make & sell most of the accessories for the MKA & nothing for the BR99.

SHOCK HORROR  there findings "MKA is the winner".

My personal test:-

Without the need of a reduced return spring, bushing & a brake in period.

Out of the box I fired 150  1oz 7.5 shot cartridges & 50  00 buck

FTF  0

FTE  0

LRBHO failed 3 times (same mag)

Not bad for a gun that people tell you is crap

Steve.........

Edited by Grima

Next weeks lottery numbers please.

"Snide" My first post with proof (vid) shows a BR99 running 100%. Giving everybody another choice of a box fed shotgun.

My question was why is the MKA better?

All I got was it's a rip off & a company that makes MKA parts said it was poor compared to there's.

I agree said company gives more choice of after market parts making it more attractive.

Is that the only reason?

More options makes it better for everyone, but only if people tell the truth.

The comparison we did was on ONE BR-99 that we got in from a customer vs. a (NIB) XN MKA. Our test was done without bias towards either gun. Both guns were shot using the same ammo, same mags, and the same shooter. The results we posted are just that, the results. You may have gotten a good BR-99 we may have gotten a bad one, who knows. Regardless of our results, its good to see yours runs.

I won't go into the details here but another reason for not pursuing the BR-99 is we could never get a sample to look at and test. Thus the reason for getting one from a customer.

We like the MKA better. That is our opinion. Each person is entitled to their own. Had we thought the BR-99 was a viable candidate to make specific parts for we would do it. We have all the means necessary to do so. From a business standpoint it didn't make sense.  Had the BR-99 proven to be a step ahead of the XN version it might be a different story.

At the time and currently we don't see the market for the BR-99 being as large as it needs to be. We don't see the potential in the BR-99 that the MKA has. That may change who knows.

Also, your claim that we make nothing for the BR-99 is false. Since the BR-99 is almost an exact copy of the Pre-XN MKA nearly all or our parts will fit it. Exceptions being the stock adapter, grip adapter, and the forend.

The forend will fit but will have a gap in the picatinny rail on the receiver, due to it being machined off at the factory. 

The stock can be cut, we had someone inform us that they did it even though we advised against it, but the factory lower does not have enough material to provide a solid platform for mounting. This could potentially cause problems of cracked lowers, similar to what was seen last year about this time when the XN version came out. 

If you have any questions let us know. We are more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

Joshua Loganbill

Tooth and Nail Armory

Matt (T & N)

I see the forend here fits "over" the receiver on the Bora, does your forend fit close up to receiver or slip over ? 

Our forend will fit the BR-99 the same way it fits the MKA. It will butt up against the receiver.

What a nice reply, thank you.

Example...If the pre XN exd cocking handle fits the BR99 why not advertise it as a (BR99 EXD cocking handle)

People get more choice, you make more money, simple. All you have to do is add another section on your web site.

Nobody is in this for a fight. If other parts fit both get them up to.

Steve...........

"Snide" My first post with proof (vid) shows a BR99 running 100%. Giving everybody another choice of a box fed shotgun.

All I got was it's a rip off & a company that makes MKA parts said it was poor compared to there's.

I agree said company gives more choice of after market parts making it more attractive.

Is that the only reason?

More options is great, it drives competition (though, not sure how rapidly it will drive competition in Turkey). 

I think if someone is worried about breaking the feed lips then the BR99 has a great solution to that. Though

for those of us familiar with the firearm it's really a non-issue. As for removing the action without having to

remove the upper, again for me a non-issue because when I clean my firearms they get torn all the way

down and cleaned thoroughly and with the cut lower receiver taking it apart is now a breeze.

It's been shown that the BR99 uses the pre XN style action, drive block and charge handle. And the fire

control group components are also very similar to pre XN. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't

know. The original pre XN drive blocks had issues with fracturing. Bora has added a milled in slot so

that should resolve the fracture issue.  As for the action being pre XN, not sure that makes a difference

either. There are tons of pre XN MKA's out there that run fine.

Like I said before, I am thrilled you like your BR99. Is it better than the MKA?  I say it evens out since

it has some nice new features like the more stiff fore end and the rotating feed lips, but has some older

designed parts as well.

Really don't know what else to say.

Joshua

You say the forend will butt up to the receiver but there will be a gap in the picatinny rail on top, can you remember roughly how much ?

I guess its not a big deal, especially if you used one of your forends without a top rail then you would think it ended in the "right" place.

A red dot could still fit I guess.

Is that the only reason?

If you're looking for truth, you need to look elsewhere...

RK

What a nice reply, thank you.

Example...If the pre XN exd cocking handle fits the BR99 why not advertise it as a (BR99 EXD cocking handle)

People get more choice, you make more money, simple. All you have to do is add another section on your web site.

Nobody is in this for a fight. If other parts fit both get them up to.

Steve...........

Website has been updated! 032.gif

The ex partners both own the rights to the original MKA. One made his version XN, the other the BR99.

The comparison was made by the company that make & sell most of the accessories for the MKA & nothing for the BR99.

FTF  0

FTE  0

Steve.........

FTF  0

FTE  0

Steve.........

Lots of the mka aftermarket parts will work in the br99.

And for those who make claims not founded in facts.

It is quite common for the XN bolts and drive blocks to fracture.

This was not an issue with the early design.

We tested 5 new guns shooting federal 2 3/4" buckshot 1325fps

All 5 guns broke the drive blocks at apx 1000 rnds

Three of the 5 had fractures in the bolts as well.

The early guns we tested had no failures in bolt or drive blocks at higher round counts.

Both guns have weak and strong points, but come out about equal in the end.

both can be upgraded as far as you may wish including aluminum lowers and hand guards

Fire control components and 922r parts are available.

And for the record at least TWO more mka type guns have the ok for import.

This will most likely lower the cost of all of them.

Jim

• Like 1

The slot for the cam block has stress points in each corner.

Fractures start in these corners and propagate across the section.

In XN bolts the wall is very thin where the pivot point is drilled, and most will start at that point.

In early bolts the wall is thicker in that area, but can still fail.

We have seen bolts fracture into several pieces in guns shooting high brass and 3" shells.

XN drive blocks are also failing with high round count, or high power loads.

I had to design a new XN drive block to support guns used with high power loads .

Jim

And for the record at least TWO more mka type guns have the ok for import.

This will most likely lower the cost of all of them.

Jim

Now this is some great news. Any links or info on these two new models you speak of. A  brand new MKA for $400 would be sweet. Lets hope so.