My LGS has a p64 for sale. Just got my tax return and want to spend it. They have it tagged $259. Is this a reasonable price for one? I see em on gun joker for around $200 but I don't see then as being a proper place to judge a price. I'm buying a gen 4 block 22 from them as well. I might see if they will give me a package deal for the two of them. Fuck wish I had my pistol permit back when they were more common.

Retarded price. The 200 dollar ones on Gunbroker are minty and or have been revamped. This pistol is worth 100 bucks arond here all day.

here is a high price on cherry picked p64's

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=f3p64

I picked up a custom one with a nice park job, finished tooling  and nice sights with a modern holster for 200 bucks a year ago. It's a nice tool box gun.

Good luck with the purchase. They have a high price on it so it should be minty, with a leather holster and a couple of magazines.

I'd offer 150 for a nice, nice one. Keep looking and you will find a good deal on it. Afterall, it's a cheap polish military surplus that was shipped in by the container load. Nothing special about them. No real collectable value except to fanatics. Difficult ammo to find compared to our standard calibers. Not much power compared to what we shoot now.

On the good side, it is accurate and will hold up to neglect and abuse. Ammo is dirt cheap in bulk.

Check out what people are doing to them!

Yeah they look really good hard chromed with wood grips. Bit I want it just to add to the collection of commie stuff I have. Figure it'll be an acceptable back up gun. I'm gonna buy it if I can talk him down to 200 if they have the holster and another mag with it. Pretty sure it was a trade in so I don't know if the previous owner lost em or not. I'm gonna stop when I get out of work and find out.

like everything else, prices have risen on everything in the firearms market.  I paid  189 bucks  for a MADDI ARM, 130 bucks for a SAR-3 (I believe the only reason those were the cheaper of the SAR series, is because they weren't very popular) , and 90 bucks for a "minty" Cz-52.  but that was then,  this is now.

BTW, I wasn't even looking to buy a P-64, because of that ugly billboard importer stamp on the slide. but I saw one at a gunshow that didn't have that ugly billboard import stamping on the slide, I pulled out something like 120 bucks and bought it. it goes  nice with my collection of WARSAW PACT sidearms.

3284p-64_left.jpg

If you want to shoot it consider a lighter spring. Factory is 24#. Wolff has a spring kit..

This.  I put the 20# hammer spring and the 22# recoil spring in mine and its a real good shooter.  I got mine in minty condition with 2 mags for $150 OTD 9 years ago.  I'd probably offer the same and go from there.

If you want to shoot it consider a lighter spring. Factory is 24#. Wolff has a spring kit..

So...other than being older what's wrong with the factory spring?

Mine was ok at the range, it definately looks like it was dragged behind a truck for a mile though.

Shit. My fiancees brother works there I'll see if hell drop the price on it for me. Thanks for the input.

Wait a sec... You have a family relation at AIM? What the hell? SHOW SOME LOVE!!! :)

haha sorry no at my LGS. If the triggers is any more horrendous than my nagant I might change out the springs. I didn't get a chance to stop by there today so I'll have to go Saturday. Are there any self defense rounds offered in 9x18 or just ball surplus and bear?

If you really want a 9mm Mak pistol, I would recommend keeping an eye out for a used CZ-82 instead. They're in the same general price range, but the CZ-82 has a far superior DA/SA trigger, chrome-lined polygonal barrel, 12+1 carry capacity, and still has replacement parts and magazines in production (for the identical CZ-83).

My only gripe about the CZ-82 is that the safety is only usable in SA, cannot be engaged in DA, and there is no decocker. But, the hammer is blocked and is drop-safe, so it can be carried safely either way.

The P-64 does have a slightly slimmer grip, but not by much. The P-64 may be a better option if you want it specifically for CC.

The most popular SD round for the 9x18 Mak is Hornady Critical Defense.

The CZ-82 can also handle what are effectively +P Mak rounds as well (Czech 9x18 is something like 15% over standard), so if you load your own from trimmed 9x19 brass, they can be loaded a little hotter. Some factory 9mm Mak loads out of the CZ-82 can get into 9x19 velocity territory.

Edited by mancat

Shit. My fiancees brother works there I'll see if hell drop the price on it for me. Thanks for the input.

Wait a sec... You have a family relation at AIM? What the hell? SHOW SOME LOVE!!! smile.png

haha sorry no at my LGS. If the triggers is any more horrendous than my nagant I might change out the springs.

Well, how about letting your LGS have an S-12 forum buy on some .22LR. I'd say, if we are all game, $.10 a round for 100,000 rounds (to the forum as a whole, 2000 round minimum per buyer) would be nice win for all of us... BREAK IT OFF!  I'd even let your sad Chevy pull on my 5.slow a dozen lengths. I promise that I wouldn't even come out of 2nd gear, honest... ;)

(yes, I remember that you thankfully don't have that Chevy slug anymore... I'd still let ya pull me in a Kia if it breaks us off nicely)...

I've also not found my 1891/30 trigger to be all that offensive. Sooo...?

In regard to defense rounds, wait for the next panic, sell that pistol at great profit, and buy a proper 9mm (I know... BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) I bought an LC9 a few months ago and it's pretty much the way to go in a subcompact pistol as far as I'm concerned (it does have its faults, but its a solid piece in liquor store distance and you can get real rounds for it).

• Like 1

Mancat thank you for the info. I was looking at the CZs but they hold 12 rounds, and that's a no-no in CT.

Max, my camaro was awesome, Kias suck, and what is 22LR? I've never seen that on a shelf before :P

My 91/30 has a beautiful sloppy sponge like trigger. My Nagant revolver has a trigger pull similar to dragging a pallet of bricks through sand.

Its not that I NEED a 9mm carry gun, its more that I just want one. The Rutgers are nice little guns, but anytime I see one in a store its either purple, or has a laser on it and WTF is that for, compensation for having a small "grip"?

• Like 1

I used to have one. Quality is good but the gun was lacking. Dont get me wrong its a nice gun but for that type of gun I'd rather have a 38spl snubby or even a 357 snubby. Ammo is sold in every gun shop, there is more veriety of it and better quality.

The triggers on them are all over the place. Some are very bad while others are lighter. I never changed the springs but it does make a difference. Yes the double action is a one time deal butits the FIRST shot and thats what counts the most. There might not be a second

Its not that I NEED a 9mm carry gun, its more that I just want one. The Rutgers are nice little guns, but anytime I see one in a store its either purple, or has a laser on it and WTF is that for, compensation for having a small "grip"?

I'm running way off the topic rails now, but there are extended magazines for the LC9 that give it a full frame grip and make it a 9+1 pistol (You've got a 10 round capacity ban, right?). So... The grip on mine isn't small anymore but it's still VERY light weight for what it is. I lucked out when I bought mine as it literally fell in my lap exactly how I wanted it at a time when you couldn't find one anywhere (no goofy colors or lasers)... I agree that I don't understand a laser on a gun with a 3" barrel. I suppose the laser would indicate the location of your corpse in the street so they could find your body more easily after you identified yourself to the bad guys at 200 yards with a pistol that is realistically good for about 50 feet (just my opinion).

Anyhow, it sounds like you really want a 9x18 pistol. When you listed your suspected prices on what you're going after and started asking about defense rounds I took the internal leap of thinking you just wanted a compact 9mm carry pistol. Good luck on the hunt and sorry for the massive derail.

Edited by Maxwelhse