Just got this today...

safe1.jpg

It is a Harring-Hall-Marvin Safe. Its not MEANT to be a gun safe... but it fit 8 of my smaller ones nicely... with extra room for magazines, ammo, etc...

Dimensions are : 27" X 30" X 48"  With an unloaded weight of 1090 pounds. ( Weighed it on an industrial scale before I picked it up)

I brought it home and set it up in about 10 minutes. Unfortunately there was ONE casualty... the TAILGATE of my new pickup! 016.gif

It now has a LOVELY dent right in the crease of the tailgate, against the bed, where we paused for a moment of the unloading, and it sunk into the steel! 009.gif 

Tailgate still fully functional, and you cant see the dent unless you open it... but like a scar, it is a badge of honor... and it adds "character" to the truck... although it adds a greater threat of rusting out there, now... wacko.png

Still... This safe for the delicious price of *FREE* is worth it, I think... GOTTA LOVE FREE!!!

Didnt even cost  2c.gif  HAHAHAHAHAHA

So hate away!!!! tongue.png 

More about it...

Yale lock:

safe2.jpg

The door counter sinks when it closes, and is about 5" thick...

safe3.jpg

safe4.jpg

It has a CLASS B fire rating, and a T-20 Burglary rating.

safe5.jpg

Made back ALMOST a HUNDRED YEARS AGO!

safe6.jpg

we wont even go into the Miller M-295 welder I got, the upright Delta Band Saw... or some of the other goodies as well.. all included with the safe at the SAME PRICE... FREE!!!! :D :D :D:up: :UP:

That's a beauty Indy! Love the vintage look.

It IS a vintage safe...  Close to a hundred years old!!!! :up:

It came out of the building where I used to work for the last 20 years. It is actually the SMALLER of TWO they had there.

This one was going to get SCRAPPED OUT... my buddy still works maintenance there, so he hooked me up!! :up:

:smoke:

Hell Mike.... I woulda given you the safe in my garage for free. Came with the house and it to heavy to move. Kinda got incorporated into the work bench area. The thing came with the house, but the combo didn't. LOL

That's a hardcore old safe! Have a locksmith go over it and give you a new combo. If I got that thing for free, I would restore it. It's awesome.

p.s. i trust my locksmith more than my doctor. find a good one!

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 2

I like the combo it has just fine. lol

I was the ONLY person at work who could open it! hahahaha

Not much really to restore... its in great shape... just some scuffs and scratches in the paint... and at 1100 pounds, its not moving again if I dont have to. :up: