Flat top VEPR 12

I was in a rush and didn't hook up the remote on the tig. With that you can throttle the amps, and instead of pulling out (which causes all the issues we have been discussing) when you near the end of the weld you just pinch it down and it looks like the millennium falcon as it disappears!

No, I had thought about just tig welding to eliminate the wiggle. I know it's angled to line up the sights, but it never really worked for me. I believe the stock in line with the bore is the best arrangement for reduced muzzle rise and quicker target acquisition. So I reworked it. I had hoped to take the cheek riser off and fix that too but I didn't feel like removing the detent rivet. It is only retained into the thin tubing. So I fixed it another way.

I DO love it! I have been wanting to do this to my folder, but just haven't had time to mess with it. I want mine to end up the exact length of a WARSAW and the cheek riser will be history. Home sweet home!

• Like 2

At times I wonder if I should have got a square-back. But these folders are military tough. That's not marketing bs. I learned that from suspending the gun on both ends and sitting on the middle while I welded it. I'm 235# min.

• Like 1

No, I had thought about just tig welding to eliminate the wiggle. I know it's angled to line up the sights, but it never really worked for me. I believe the stock in line with the bore is the best arrangement for reduced muzzle rise and quicker target acquisition. So I reworked it. I had hoped to take the cheek riser off and fix that too but I didn't feel like removing the detent rivet. It is only retained into the thin tubing. So I fixed it another way.

Man I am slow.  I was looking at your other post about removing the stock tube and just noticed in this post that you drilled a hole for the lower pin to punched through.  I was thinking you drilled the lower pin out, thus needing a new pin.  My bad.

I tried to label the steps (1) (2) etc. I'm not very at times I know, and I have a dry sense of humor, so it all can be very confusing sometimes. I try to reread and make sure it's coherent. Weirdly it all makes sense inside MY head. Lol