Dragunov stock conversion

I am looking for information about installing an SVD Dragunov stock to my normal Saiga 410. Has somebody done it? Does it involve moving the trigger group forward? I asked Oleg at rusmilitary.com and he answered that it is not possible. Any help - walkthrough would be appreciated.

I dont think that an SVD stock will fit onto ANY style AK with a stamped receiver...

IT is just too different a design, as it was intended for a completely different receiver configuration.

I am not saying it isnt possible, I just dont think it will be easy without serious mods to the stock itself.

I do know that a cheapo WASR10 style drag copy stock *WILL* slip right in and work fine. I know that because that was the FIRST stock I used on MY 410 conversion a few years back, before I even KNEW this site existed. That was a hack job let me tell ya... flying by the seat of my pants with a dremel thinking to myself... "if this doesnt work, I just ruined a $200.00 shotgun... Oh well... I will MAKE IT WORK!" and amazingly enough it did... Then I found the forums, came here.. and holy shiznit... so did everybody else!

But you WILL NEED TO DO THE FCG conversion to put ANY style AK stock on, other than your factory saiga stock... as they are made for the FCG to be forward of where it is now, to have the pistol grip in the proper location.

What might be a BETTER avenue for you to persue, is to call IRONWOOD designs...

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

And see if you cant get a custom made SVD style lookalike that will slip right into a stamped receiver. That does TWO things for you right off the bat...

ONE... saves hair pulling, cussing and stress, and the possible "mother f*@%er this wont work after all"!!

TWO... Gives you one more US parts count. which is always a good thing!

At least check into it... and if he cant do what ya want, and you feel the need to live on the edge... GOOD LUCK!!! I DO hope it works out for you. and when you get 'er done... we ALL will want to see pics! :up: :up:

And thats the picture of my FIRST conversion, down below... what it looked like with the drag wasr10 stock on it...

:smoke:

post_4_1086664632.jpg

Indyarms is right

The dragunov stock (laminated wood or synthetic) will not fit to an AK stamped reciever. I fitted a laminated wood stock to my new dragunov and the wood is not a drop in fit to the new dragunov, it takes some hand fitting to get it to work. There are some fibreforce dragunov style synthetic stocks around that fit fine to a saiga with the standard pistol grip configuration but not to a sporter stocked saiga.

all the best

assassin