Anyone on this board doing PG conversions?

I think $388 is kinda steep for the PG conversion. I would do it myself, but I don't have the machinery/tools to do it, and I don't know anyone that has the tools/machinery required to do it.

Anyone on the board doing these PG conversions?

I know about the step-by-step instructions on cross-conn but I think I remember someone saying that some of the steps on there are different with the 308 saiga.

Please send me a PM if you are don't mind making a few bucks doing a PG conversion on my Saiga.

I think $388 is kinda steep for the PG conversion. I would do it myself, but I don't have the machinery/tools to do it, and I don't know anyone that has the tools/machinery required to do it.

Anyone on the board doing these PG conversions?

I know about the step-by-step instructions on cross-conn but I think I remember someone saying that some of the steps on there are different with the 308 saiga.

Please send me a PM if you are don't mind making a few bucks doing a PG conversion on my Saiga.

I'm not sure what tools you think you need to convert the gun but all you need is a drill and/or a dremel tool. I converted my Saigas with only a dremel tool and it was a snap. Much cheaper than paying someone to do it plus its more satisfying. I think your right about the .308 being a little different but I dont think its anything major.

Note that the ACE stock installations Tony does aren't just plugging it in - it's a more compact system altogether. FCG and grip themselves run about $50 on a good day. Folding stock is well over $100 IIRC and that doesn't include Tony's expert installation. Add trigger guard, and you have well over $150 in parts alone included in that price (even the most spartan home conversions cost the better part of $100 in parts).

So for UNDER $200 you're getting the expert conversion work, professional covering over of the old trigger pin holes, and a professional refinishing job.

I do them for $350. Includes the ACE folding stock, pistol grip, U.S. fire control parts, and refinish job.

There are two of them shown on the Tromix website under the "rifles" section.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Wow, the Title II Saiga looks unbelievable. With the Title I,what kind of high cap mag is it using?

Yeah, that comes up from time to time, regarding the standard grip. Here's the deal. My conversion is a complete system that I worked up in order to make it extremely fast for me to do.....that keeps the cost down to the customer. With the SAW grip, I simply weld a threaded hanger to the bottom of the receiver since it has an extra hole for mounting it this way. This eliminates the need for me to set it up on the mill and cut the square hole for the grip nut. After the hole is cut, it then has to be "squared" up in the corners by hand with a file. Then I have to buy the special nut/bolt and fish that shit down in the receiver to hook it up. It's real pain in the ass working around that nut, when your have a BHO in there as well. Then with the grip installed like this, my trigger guard won't fit. So then I have to hand build one trigger guard that will work with the grip. That all takes my time/your money.

So....if you want a standard grip, it is no problem, but will add $40 to the cost of the conversion.

• 1 month later...
Send it to me and I will get it out to Tony with ours. And I would trust his conversions over anyone else in the business.

Edit to add, would anyone like a beta mag for the 308 gun?

Hi I Have new Saiga .308 what is the beta mag?How many rds and will it fit my stock .308?Thanks

yeh, well, tony doesnt need to take a look at it. he knows what he is dealing with, what to do with it, and how to get it done right. I highly doubt tony would ever charge anyone for more work than is done. that is like having your brake pads changed, which takes about ten minutes per wheel tops, and getting charged for 4 hours of work. you just cant do business like that in the real world. if you do, you wont be in business for very long at all.

Ive found the people that do business well, often do business exactly how tony does his. My local shop works a lot like that. where else can you go with a 3500$ gun that you have NO CLUE what it is, and have the owner tell you flat out, "you really need to get multiple appraisals on that", and "I think you should hold onto it until you know what it is worth". the rest of the places I went said "eh, ill give you 400 bucks for it". plus low prices all the time? no bullshit? yeh, I think Ill go there instead.

this is exactly how tony runs his business, and that is exactly what you want to see when you send off your hard earned money and your personal property. and this is also why we back tony 100% here. you will see a lot more members of this forum saying the same thing.

....there is a reason for that....