I see a pattern with more to come as Panic 2014 sets in

I have no guns made in Russia.

I do have AKs.

7.62x39 is my preferred cartridge for blue-helmeted zombies.

Edited by Darth Saigus

If you're panic buying, you're try to get what you put off buying and REALLY wanted when there was no panic or reason to fear.

If the Sandy Hook scare (or any of the multitude of scares that have come and gone with NO Executive or Legislative action didn't convince you to get when the getting is good (and cheap), then I have ZERO sympathy. 

Kinda like the people who cried when Dracos (and Mini Dracos) dried up, or WASR's went from $350 to $700+ then dried up, or those who wanted a StreetSweeper or Striker-12, but waited until they were declared NFA DD's. (Which were free to register to those who already had them, but require a $200 tax stamp to transfer...)

The 3rd law of gun buying is:

If thou doest snooze, thou shalt loose.

I'm thinking that if this EO goes unchallenged, the anti-gun EOs will continue and start to infringe on domestic production as well.

Most people won't think twice about this being a reasonable sanction against the Russians. We'll see what happens when the reasons

start to get really lame, or maybe no reasons given at all.... just lists of bans by EO.

Watch for Bloomberg headlines that the Russian AK ban has had a very favorable effect on crime rates.

Probably more anti-lead EPA nonsense too.

(holy smokes.... lots of replies while typing this!)

Edited by Spartacus

No chance of challenging this legally. Or politically. Maybe after hussein is out of office. Probably not then.

As much as we hate this, it isn't a gun control law. It makes nothing illegal. It doesn't reduce or change our rights. It simply stops new russian AKs from being imported.

We may all have a right to keep and bear arms but there is no right to import russian arms.

• Like 1

Where have all of the folks gone that were defending this idiot when he was first elected. Show of hands?

went back to look

some are still trolling around

several have not been online in a couple of years

It is how the political section came to be, and many of the obutfuker defenders/trolls got themselves banned from here. Man those were brutal days, the flaming and trolling sent me packing for a year or so.

• Like 1

Ammo is the big one I fear! 

No fuel, the car sits in the driveway.

No ammo, the firearm sits in the gun safe.

I think the "good ole days" of cheap ammo are over too.

It's MUCH easier the manipulate metal prices and put the EPA and OSHA and Surgeon General's office on to added complications on Ammo manufacturing, transportation, storage, ownership and end-use / disposal than directly on firearms.

IE: Lead is a hazmat, Powder is a hazmat, Primers are hazmat, Loaded ammo is Hazmat,  Copper needs to be jacked up in price as a rare metal,  Lead needs more regulation on handling and disposal.  Lead recycling reclaimation needs more regulation... Tin and antimony and linotype and bizmith and brass are already expensive.  Then there is the possibility to TAX individual rounds OR the individual components. 

Yeah - ammo is the soft underbelly of (otherwise legitmate) firearms ownership.

Macbeau sends...

• Like 1

^That is why I'm so glad to see guys like GunFun (not to say he's the only one) casting their own ammo, taking good data, trying new things, and sharing it with the rest of us. I'm not currently looking to be so extreme about my ammo, but I'm very grateful there are guys out there documenting this stuff for the rest of us that may HAVE to take it up some day.

Then we'll all be crying about not buying equipment for THAT earlier on... ;)

Casting bullets is kinda fun, and quite easy

lee melting pots and bullet molds are cheap and work very well.

Just buy a good quality luber sizer and some gas checks.

go to tire shops and buy used wheel weights.

junk yards and shooting berms  can yeild lead as well

save car batterys for a back up plan (its dirty and TOXIC recovering lead from them) but in crisis?

if you know any chemistry you can remake spent primers if you had to

smokeless powder is not a thing you can substitute,, black powder can be made

I don't discriminate. I've got Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and American guns, oh...and a token Hungarian half-breed AK (Hungarian parts on a Polish Receiver).

What time is the "peaceful" revolution?

(Rant deleted)

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2