I have been considering picking up an ATI 1911 in .45 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I am looking at the 4.25" barrel and single stack version. Price is cheap right now for the gun, so is it worth the money?

I haven't shot one and probably never will. That aside, they are a good company that has been around for years and moved out of NY after the climate changed up there. Kudos for telling that state to **** off. They are in South Carolina now. This model of pistol was made in the Phillipines and ATI sell the hell out of them because they are cheap, go bang every time and look good.

If you want a neat pistol for shooting the hell out of, go for it. I wouldn't think it would be a tack driver or anything. What's cheap in your neck of the woods?

I sold 1 from back in April.. ATI GFX1911.. it had NO FEEDRAMPS machined into the barrel.. needless to say customer after about a box wasn't happy. I sent it back (they sent me a call tag) and they dremeled some in..

Then after review some more by customer WE decided a 17# Wilson recoil spring (factory is 13-14 lbs from reading online) kit was needed.. (customer bought kit)..

Needless to say I now will only carry RIA models.. they have polished ramps machined in.. and finish is much better.

Edited by YWHIC

Last weekend, at the gunshow here in Savannah, I bought an ATI GFX1911 GI (Commander sized) for $320, NIB / OTD.  Good looking pistol but would only feed hardball.  I have it in at my LGS for a ramp and throat job. 

No biggie.  I had to have this service done on my RIA 1911A1CS (which I LOVE!) too and will cycle empty cases now.

Overall - I am very fond of both my RIA and ATI, but I think I still like the RIA a bit better.  They use good steel and the machining is excellent.  The only complaint I have (on both RIA and ATI) is that the "Parkerizing" wears thin too quickly and the grips suck. 

However, for the money, I don't mind spending an extra $100 to make it feed EVERYTHING and setup like I like it.

Below is my RIA CS

When I get the ATI back from my smith, I will take pics comparing the two.

Macbeau sends...

post-1473-0-42382900-1408197344_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-70161200-1408197362_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-19634200-1408197378_thumb.jpg

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 1

Same guys that butchered the Yugo milled AKs.

Ive come to the point where I realized that in the firearms industry there are no hidden gems. Cheap is cheap for a reason.

And if Im not mistaken they were out of Pa

Edited by Arik

Well I had to bite the bullet and my lgs had a Rock Island armory 1911 for $329 so I had to pick it up. It has the hogue wraparound grip and came with factory box and all paperwork including the factory spent shell. It is used and came from an estate from what they said. It was like it was meant to be. I woulda missed it by 5 mins if I didn't call and reserve it.

• Like 1

Same guys that butchered the Yugo milled AKs.

Ive come to the point where I realized that in the firearms industry there are no hidden gems. Cheap is cheap for a reason.

And if Im not mistaken they were out of Pa

here is a hidden gem due to terrible marketing and a lack of understanding where slovakia is....

http://www.grandpower.eu/en/kategoria-16-clanok-159-detail-k100-#ad-image-0

JG has them for about 450. They were cheaper a year ago when fewer people had a clue. Kinda like the Springfields before they were springfield. Only nobody picked them up over here except century.

I used to think the same thing - right up to the point where I bought my 1st Saiga .308 and Saiga 12... I bought both at the same local gunshow, NIB and both were $285ea OTD.  The Philippino 1911's aren't perfect, but they are wall made (for the most part) and a good bargain for what they offer.

Well I had to bite the bullet and my lgs had a Rock Island armory 1911 for $329 so I had to pick it up. It has the hogue wraparound grip and came with factory box and all paperwork including the factory spent shell. It is used and came from an estate from what they said. It was like it was meant to be. I woulda missed it by 5 mins if I didn't call and reserve it.

It posts the pictures or it gets the hose again....

Good shag!

I honestly can't see much difference between the RIA's, Citadels, Charles Daly's, etc (which are all Armscor and made in the same facility) and ATI's and American Classic's (which are made in different factories.). On all of them, the machining is great and the finish,,, not so much.  RIA seems to put a little more effort in things like de-horning and radiusing edges.  For the things that count for me, the Philippino 1911's are a great bargain.

Macbeau....

• Like 1

I will update you guys on function once I take it to the range. This is my first 1911 ever so I'm not to familiar with the different models out there. I did notice the model on the slide later on. I was comparing online pics to try and figure the model out.

You have the RIA 1911A1 CS.  The RIA1811A1CS Tactical is the one I have pictured above.  The big difference is the sights and trigger.  Mine has the Novak-type, dovetailed, front and rear sight and skeleton trigger. 

The plain CS has regular trigger and sights. 

Both have stainless spring guide and bushingless bull barrel, lowered and ported ejection port.  Commander hammer, beavertail grip safety with speed bump, flat mainspring housing, radiused slide, extended thumb safety and 8 round ACT-MAG.

Macbeau....

Edited by macbeau