I just saw this on the local news.  A cop pulls a lady over and her young daughter was not in a car seat.  The lady said she could not afford one and the cop BOUGHT HER ONE!!!!  http://www.today.com/parents/police-officers-act-kindness-goes-viral-2D80199723

Had he followed the letter of the law, he would have ticketed her and put her deeper in debt (for her childs safety of course).  Had he been reasonable, he would have just let her go.  However, he saw someone in need and helped them (the opposite of the letter of the law in this situation).

Maybe im cynical, but I feel this has gotten so much attention because its so rare.

• Like 2

This kind of thing is getting old fast. I'm so sick and tired of these crooked bastards thinking they can do whatever they want and no consequences for their actions.

If a regular non LEO type of person had done something like this, what then?

Ya know I generally try to respect law enforcement but you hear stories like this and it just leaves you with a big O'l WTF?

Some atrocities are simply indefensible.

Kids come first. Can't afford a car seat? Don't drive. Cant get them food? Sell your shit. You starve before the kids. Do whatever it takes to provide for them. Whatever also means you need to stay out of jail for 18 or so years so take that into consideration.

Good to see an actual PEACE OFFICER instead of POLICeY ENFORCEMENT.

Hope to see a day where there are no unions to conflict with the interest of the people who they serve and consistency within departments across the state.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of us were raised without car seats and survived.. I know I was one.

my parents still had my early 80s infant car seat, which they dug out when we had our son. it was this injection molded piece of rickety crap, only good for keeping me from rolling around in the seat when I couldn't sit up on my own. the brand new car seat we have for our son is a damn tank.

I appreciate that our son is probably quite a bit safer in that thing, but at the same time it bugs the shit out of me that if we were to use the same car seat that I sat in today, it could potentially be a crime in some states.

• Like 1