Tell me about the Colt 32 hammerless

Dad once had two, (2) cigar boxes full of parts for two, (2) Colt revolvers. They could also have been Smith and Wesson. One was a "Thunder" and the other was a "Lightning". Complete old revolvers totally taken apart and in excellent shape.

He took them to some gun show years ago and a collector paid a ton of money for both. Dad never told me what he got for them; he made a smart decision and just gave the money to Mom and told her to buy something for herself. Smart choice.

HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

One of the cool odd ball colts out there. Highly collectable to colt junkies like me. If you can get that nickel one in good shape for under a grand, do it. There are a lot of collectors out there in their 30's who still like this pistol. I love it.

Take into consideration what you pay for collectable rifles and pistols. The market is dying out on most models. You can get awesome deals on beautiful old world rifles and pistols now since the new generation wants tacticool underpowered 5.56 mall ninja rifles made by machines, not men.

I could be wrong but I think the price of guns is held up by the good old boys and they are getting real old if you know what I mean.

I'd still pay a grand for that model 1903 .32 in nickel just to have one.

Are you talking about the Model 1903, or a wheelgun of some type?

the 1903

Edited by Stryker0946

My MIL has one in good shape, with antler grips someone made lomg ago for it.

She was still carrying it uo until she moved to Montana last year. I had it for a few weeks and did a detail clean on itz founs that the barrel was severely ringed/bulging in multiple places. Haven't found a replacement yet, so I had to tell her not to shoot it.

I had no idea they were worth so much? She should probably just sell it as-is.

Fuck it.  I got a small loan.  The wife isn't pleased.

Does it have grips?

Mind if we ask what you dropped on it?

I had a 1903, briefly. Nifty little pistol. I really couldn't afford it when I picked the thing up, ended up getting rid of it shortly thereafter.

I highly recommend grabbing a snap cap for it - dry firing is a bad call. I still have an old Spanish Ruby from the first world war - mechanically a copy of the 1903, thought the dimensions are different. I can't remember if the Colt guns are built the same way, but on the Ruby it's effectively impossibly to replace the firing pin - it's installed through a hole in the rear of the slide, which is then sealed shut. I love the takedown on those weird little guns.

• Like 1

No grips, but did get the grip screw and nut. Dropped 7 Benjamin's for this little gem after i got done haggling and pointing out flaws and making outrageous claims about barely being able to see the dancing pony and how that kills the value (dropped 3 Ben's after that BS). All I know is that it better work or the pawn shop is getting it back.

I picked up a completely reconditioned and nickled COLT 1903 type III in .32ACP off of gunbroker just less than a year ago.  LUV IT!  Alas. . . it started me down a road that has lead to my procuring other .32ACP pistols.  Just last week I picked-up a surplus Beretta 81B (not depicted below).  I really enjoy the low recoil of the .32ACP cartridge and since these handguns are purely for enjoyment out at the shooting range. . . .

CIMG5851_zpsf637830b.jpg

Left to right:  CZ 83, H&K Model 4, and Colt 1903

CIMG5852_zpse3e9a7db.jpg

The grips on my Colt 1903 are ox horn. 

Edited by Gary
  • Like 4

I picked up a completely reconditioned and nickled COLT 1903 type III in .32ACP off of gunbroker just less than a year ago.  LUV IT!  Alas. . . it started me down a road that has lead to my procuring other .32ACP pistols.  Just last week I picked-up a surplus Beretta 81B (not depicted below).  I really enjoy the low recoil of the .32ACP cartridge and since these handguns are purely for enjoyment out at the shooting range. . . .

CIMG5851_zpsf637830b.jpg

Left to right:  CZ 83, H&K Model 4, and Colt 1903

CIMG5852_zpse3e9a7db.jpg

The grips on my Colt 1903 are ox horn. 

Got any interest in a Walther Model 4?

It's an oddball little left-hand ejector. Smooth shooter, but weird to see that ejection port on the left.

Got any interest in a Walther Model 4?

It's an oddball little left-hand ejector. Smooth shooter, but weird to see that ejection port on the left.

Nawwww. . . I've no interest in a Walther Model 4 (they look rather fugly to me).

I do own the below 9mm Walther P5 Compact with a left side ejection port; its always fun to shoot at the range.

CIMG5594_zps1b6a4a04.jpg

• Like 2