Yep ... today is the day and on a Sunday to boot. How the generations forget. My first hand story is of an old fire department buddy who was on the USS Chester, an older USN heavy cruiser, (?) during most of WW2. He and the ship missed missed Pearl Harbor, but he had many rather not so pleasant stories about being hit by bombs, gun fire and torpedoes ... the blood, body parts, fire, trapped in flooding spaces, etc.. A very nice quiet calm guy. He is long dead now ... from cancer they told me. The shit the crew had to endure and they were on a USN navy ship. Rather sad. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

Edit; I just had the most brief, intense, emotional feeling that I will be around to remember three, (3) more December 7th dates ... on a Sunday. Twenty one, (21) more years for me? I am 68 now. Will I last THAT LONG? A pretty good feeling for me for sure when so many of my old friends are now dead and gone. This was intense enough for me to share it will you all. Wow! smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 2

Yep ... today is the day and on a Sunday to boot. How the generations forget. My first hand story is of an old fire department buddy who was on the USS Chester, an older USN heavy cruiser, (?) during most of WW2. He and the ship missed missed Pearl Harbor, but he had many rather not so pleasant stories about being hit by bombs, gun fire and torpedoes ... the blood, body parts, fire, trapped in flooding spaces, etc.. A very nice quiet calm guy. He is long dead now ... from cancer they told me. The shit the crew had to endure and they were on a USN navy ship. Rather sad. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

Edit; I just had the most brief, intense, emotional feeling that I will be around to remember three, (3) more December 7th dates ... on a Sunday. Twenty one, (21) more years for me? I am 68 now. Will I last THAT LONG? A pretty good feeling for me for sure when so many of my old friends are now dead and gone. This was intense enough for me to share it will you all. Wow! smile.pngsmile.png

Live healthy and get checked up at least yearly. Don't go to a small town doctor who's not worth anything. Exercise, diet, and medical checks will drastically improve

your odds. That, and a positive attitude. The way you do that is tell us you're going to make it, not wonder about it. My grandma declared she was going to do 100,

and she did, and in style. Broke her hip a few months later, never really recovered, and soldiered on another six months, to 100 and 10 months. She pretty much called it.

• Like 1

I went to Pearl Harbor back in May.  Of all the things to see and do in Oahu, I wound up going to Pearl 3 times.  It was the first attraction I went to and the last one right before getting on the plane to come home.  It took a lot not to go punching a few Japaneese pricks that were climbing on stuff and taking "victorious" photos.  I spent the rest of my trip walking through groups of Japaneese people splitting them up like they weren't there.  

• Like 4

ew had to endure and they were on a USN navy ship. Rather sad. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

You made it over the hump brother. My buddy is 68 and is in the mountains every day. It's all in your mind at this point. Stop moving, stop working and die... So he says. Keep working, keep moving and enjoy the golden days of life!

• Like 1

I went to Pearl Harbor back in May.  Of all the things to see and do in Oahu, I wound up going to Pearl 3 times.  It was the first attraction I went to and the last one right before getting on the plane to come home.  It took a lot not to go punching a few Japaneese pricks that were climbing on stuff and taking "victorious" photos.  I spent the rest of my trip walking through groups of Japaneese people splitting them up like they weren't there.  

Yeah.. real fuckin' victorious. I guess they don't mind that TWO of their cities got turned into GLASS for doing it.