I saw that in your list above, but it still seems like it could use a kicker edge or a bit more height. It's probably a lot nicer than anything I have owned at high speed though.

Aero is so erratic. Changing jackets changes the airflow enough to change how much effort is required. My touring style jacket makes a big air dam. So I get pressure on my chest, but that causes the air from my windscreen similar to yours to kind of ride over the pressure wave from my chest. It is more pressure on the helmet than when I have the tall screen on, but less than with the other jacket.

If your windscreen is working for you, don't let my thoughts change your bike.

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good call! Rat it out.

Update!!!!   So far this bike has been great. I have put a new musarri slip on exhaust, ngk iridium plugs, oil change, replaced the tires, new factory double bubble windscreen, factory matched rear

I would stay away from sport bikes in that price range.  They more than likely have had the snot ran out of them.  I always liked the Yamaha V-Max.  I believe they quit making them in the late 2000's.

Posted Images

Any opinions on the Harley Street 750?

I know many of the Harley guys sneer at it... don't care about that.

Just curious if anybody has any experience and feedback on it.

meh.... it's like the chinese copy of a saiga. get an 883 0r 1200 sportster if you want a harley. they are very dependable, handle great and dont cost much more than the indian parts bike assembled in india and america.

• Like 1

The 883 engine is bullet proof. The sleeves on the 883 are extremely thick and that's probably the only HD engine running at the displacement it was intended for. It runs cooler and with less vibration than the other HD engines.

• Like 1

Any opinions on the Harley Street 750?

I know many of the Harley guys sneer at it... don't care about that.

Just curious if anybody has any experience and feedback on it.

I wanna give them credit for trying new things. It looks like a fairly decent type of bike. The radiator is not done in a very pretty way, but the size looks right, and the power is - - - adeqate. ~100 mile range kinda sucks. That's pretty much a guarantee that you are going to be screwed if you miss a gas station on backroads, or are driving at night on backroads.

FWIW, the current gen nightster/sportster 1200 and also the XR 1200 are appealing bikes, until I look at owning them. HD maintenance for routine stuff is just absurdly expensive, and generally more complicated than is warranted. On the other hand, a new anything tends to be easier to own than an old anything.

• Like 1

The specs on their site say 50mpg and a 3.5gal tank, so hopefully the range is a bit more than that.

The Street 750 is the right size for me, and the power and other specs are fine for my use.

It's a genuine Harley and I like the styling (and the price).

Agree with you on the maintenance issue. I'm not looking for high/expensive maintenance.

Edited by Spartacus