AK, AR, Mosin--how to tell you are an owner

They are wrong about one thing as it relates to the safety on the Mosin Nagant. It does have a safety. Once you cock the action, pull back on the bolt knob and rotate it counterclockwise while holding back on it and when it stops slowly release it. It sits in the slotted area of the bolt. To take it off, pull back on the knob and rotate it clockwise until it stops and then release it. It is then ready to fire. Pesterbox.

Edited by pesterbox

+1 to that GOB... might as well say its "GOT NO SAFETY!!!"

Although... after reading all that.. and having a GOOD Laugh too, I must admit... I realize that even though I onw an AR15.. I must not own an AR 15... as it gets treated just like the AK's... Tossed in a corner... shoved in a nook by the dresser... tossed in the truck... blasted away cheap russky ammo... hmmmm... maybe my AR THINKS its an AK?!?!?! its stuck with about 10 of them... and two mosin nagants... Go figure...

:smoke:

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Feb 9 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True the Mosin's have a saftey, but it takes 2 men and a boy to operate!

(what about those of us who have AK's :wub: and Mosins :wub: ?)

G O B

I forget what website i got that from but i thought it was funny as hell. i've got a C&R, and there are many Mosins and Enfields and, and, and,....That safety is tighter than a nuns pussy to put on and offf!!!

Although... after reading all that.. and having a GOOD Laugh too, I must admit... I realize that even though I onw an AR15.. I must not own an AR 15... as it gets treated just like the AK's... Tossed in a corner... shoved in a nook by the dresser... tossed in the truck... blasted away cheap russky ammo... hmmmm... maybe my AR THINKS its an AK?!?!?! its stuck with about 10 of them... and two mosin nagants... Go figure...

:lolol: My Rottweiler had a similiar identity problem - she was just raised (and tormented) by chihuahuas.

Had to eat the same food, play with the same toys, jump in your lap - nevermind her fat ass weighed 100lbs!!!

:lolol: My Rottweiler had a similiar identity problem - she was just raised (and tormented) by chihuahuas.

Had to eat the same food, play with the same toys, jump in your lap - nevermind her fat ass weighed 100lbs!!!

Aw Shit, I just came back from the gun store with a Russian 91/30 collectors grade, w/bayo/sling/and a free S20 70mm and a 76mm magazine!!!!!!! The Mosin is beautiful, still a little cosmo on it. I had to buy since i have it's little brother the M44 next to it. only paid $89. I have bought so many guns from this guy, the original price was almost $200 for the hand select, collector's grade. I wish you all could come out west and see his store. he has everything from ACTUAL civil war muskets all the way up to AR's, AK's, Drags, SPAS, et all.

Indeed they do. With the right ammo (and good young eyes lol) they can even be pretty accurate. I love the simplicity of the design. I mean, it's the only bolt action I know of where the trigger is the bolt release. Pure genius.

By the way... As far as the "clearing your house in the middle of the night" thing goes: anyone actually done that?

I've "cleared" my house a couple of times. It was more my paranoia than anything else. Dad calls that "survival instinct". His exact words:

"Better Armed to the teeth, than in the teeth of the armed."

You know, you come home and your front door is open? It just makes you a little uneasy. I've never run into any problems, but it doesn't hurt anything (at least in my case).

Indeed they do. With the right ammo (and good young eyes lol) they can even be pretty accurate. I love the simplicity of the design. I mean, it's the only bolt action I know of where the trigger is the bolt release. Pure genius.

By the way... As far as the "clearing your house in the middle of the night" thing goes: anyone actually done that?

I've "cleared" my house a couple of times. It was more my paranoia than anything else. Dad calls that "survival instinct". His exact words:

"Better Armed to the teeth, than in the teeth of the armed."

You know, you come home and your front door is open? It just makes you a little uneasy. I've never run into any problems, but it doesn't hurt anything (at least in my case).

I just finished an M44 sporter, waiting for the scout scope and mount to come in tomorrow. cammo'd up with krylon, i'll site it in this weekend, maybe replace my coyote gun for awhile. looks cool anyway. mismatched serial numbers, plus i have a C&R so i got 5 more in the closet. NEVER let the guys at the mosin nagant forum know that you did this though. they will butcher you alive!