I like rifles with 16" barrels or less but man are they ever LOUD.

I was shooting my AK the other day and forgot to put my ears on and after the first shot 

my ears were ringing the rest of the day. Wont forget to do that anymore.

If cans weren't a NFA item I would have one on every single firearm I own, I'm sure most here would too.

That is the number 1 law I would like to see repealed. Our Govt is so scared to let anyone have a quite gun

for fear they wouldn't be able to hear or track gunfire. Well you can't really pinpoint gunfire when it's loud either.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 2

The cops in the big cities are installing some kind of "sound triangulation" thing to pin point gunshots in the hood.

It works with a grid of microphones fed into a computer that look for gunshot sound signatures I think.

Suppressors would probably defeat that.

Even Illinois (except Chicago & Crook County) is considering legalizing suppressors.

Ever since somebody mentioned hunters not going deaf and claiming state disability with legal suppressors.   :)

I'd buy a couple of cans if they were affordable and not NFA.

• Like 3

I like to carry my M92 in my vehicle when I travel or even when driving around town.

In an emergency scenario where seconds count who's gonna have time to fumble around looking for their ear plugs.

Shooting an M92 with no plugs is gonna cause some serious ear damage.

It might be a good idea to invest in these hearing aid protectors.

I can keep them in all the time and be protected at a moments notice if need be.

They are a bit pricey though.

post-46572-0-92703800-1430967562.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 2

Keep the round count down and you'll be OK without plugs.  1 or 2 while hunting is no problem, but rattlegunning will need them.

I'm at the point that I can claim disability for hearing.  Military entrance and exit physicals proove it, plus too many concerts and shows as a FOH audio engineer.  Guess I'll have to retire to the props department and become a prop tart.

What?

• Like 1

My 16.3" bbl Saiga 7.62x51 rifle is also very loud.  VERY VERY LOUD!  WHAT?  Her nickname is "Maxine Max blast".  Not fun even with the cheap dime or so each foam ear plugs.  Yep ... both plugs AND good muffs are needed.  If I do not $sell$ her South, the $$expensive plan$$ is to move that pesky front site base back and try to have Elite Iron take the rifle and try to thread the muzzle for one of their excellent but very spendy "Bravo" 7.62x51 cans.  Instead of a "BLAM! BLAM!, BLAM! ... there would be then just a loud "POP".  About like a .22rf pistol with no can.  HB

Edited by HB of CJ

I would put a can on every thing I could if it were not for NFA cost, and the few guns where the bulk is an actual issue. It isn't ideal for a CCW pistol, but just about everything else would be nicer with some suppression. 

I just hope things are still legal and not burdened with extra hassles before I can afford to start my collection.

• Like 1