Remember when you couldn't drink the water in Mexico and GM jobs w

Remember when you couldn't drink the water in Mexico and all GM jobs were in Flint?

DSC07728.jpg

http://juggernaut-graphics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=67&zenid=opvlaccneag49ontbbmq9o2au3

• Like 4

Duhh.  Even out here in pristine SW OR USA where everything is pure, clean, perfect, and politically correct including our horrible treated local city water, (go figure) we learned quickly to put a very nice somewhat expensive but very doable under the sink kitchen water (both hot and cold water) purifier filter which also gets the lead out.  Or didn't the august intelligent folks in Flinked Michigan understand or think of this?

• Like 1

Or radon in your basement

Or fukishima washing up on your shore

Or mercury all around big bend country

something nasty every place you look

Most of it just natural environmental things

a few nasties of our own making

I am happy I have my own well, pristine clean water, all I want and free for the price of pumpingbig_smile.gif

• Like 2

^Might consider sending a sample to a testing lab.

We did

A little calcium no heavy metals or toxins 

20 years the faucets and sinks are not even crusty at all

Im in a narrow aquifer coming off the south end of the monzano mountain range

The main well here is over 100 years old 

I drink my pee in Oshkosh!

Wastewater treatment plant is upstream of the intake plant.

I would go for bottled  water

• Like 3

I believe it was a "comedy of errors".

I have heard that the acidic river water reacted with pipe-sealant (lead-based?) and caused the seals to leak lead.

The first water tests would have been clean.

Without on-going water testing, it would have gone undetected.

I'm still amazed that we have fresh well water living on an island.

Our water is "hard" (high in minerals). Don't expect to wash any bare metals without corrosion.

My first attempt at cold-bluing, which includes water rinsing, was troublesome.

Edited by Sim_Player

Or radon in your basement

Or fukishima washing up on your shore

Or mercury all around big bend country

something nasty every place you look

Most of it just natural environmental things

a few nasties of our own making

I am happy I have my own well, pristine clean water, all I want and free for the price of pumpingbig_smile.gif

Yeah, the air quality in rural northeast NY and New England is considered some of the worst in the nation thanks to the jet stream delivering all the crap from the west and mid-west. Breathe deep of the country air!

Edited by YOT

I can probably top that, the street I grew up on was deemed the most polluted by nuclear contamination in the US and it's more or less been swept under the carpet. Mallinckrodt took hundreds, if not thousands of steel barrels filled with nuclear waste from the Manhattan project and parked them next to Cold Water Creek where they rotted and leaked. Cancer and Autoimmune System related deaths are off the chart. In their infinite wisdom, they buried the leaking drums and top soil some years later in a landfill in Bridgeton Missouri just a few miles away where currently an underground fire has been burning for over two years in an adjoining landfill. Ever hear about it, probably not but one day I bet you will. Almost every family on my street has had cancer deaths, thanks to the internet/facebook things are coming out-look it up. This is just a few quick links showing the waste and some background, then again this is suburban white middle class America...nothing to see here. Give it a read.

http://www.coldwatercreekfacts.com/

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/army-corps-yards-along-coldwater-creek-are-contaminated-radioactive-waste

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/st-louis-is-burning-20130510

• Like 2

My old home town of Bakersfield CA always has had horrible air and water quality.  Now they say just breathing there is equal to 2 packs of cigs per day.  They always seem to be up in the top 5 most horrible air quality cities in the nation.  They only get about 6 inches of rain yearly.  We will not mention the occasional big dust storm or valley fever.  Or local or CA State politics.  Yikes!