Remember the days when mass murderers just used the old AR-15 and the media focused on it as the "assault weapon" that needed banning? Sadly those days seem at an end.

In Dallas the shooter, who was a shitty marksman in the Army used a converted Saiga to kill a bunch of cops with excellent accuracy.

Now in Baton Rogue the shooter decided to take a Tavor on a killing spree against cops and brandish it clearly on video beforehand to make sure we all saw what it was.

Seems that we may be just a Scar light/heavy and maybe a Barrett .50 away from covering all the evil guns in the world in one single year. Hmmmm....

Now in Baton Rogue the shooter decided to take a Tavor on a killing spree against cops and brandish it clearly on video beforehand to make sure we all saw what it was.

Which video was that, link?

The hardcore anti-gunners have already said in the past that a scoped hunting rifle is a sniper rifle.

And ya know what, they're right. wink.png 

Which is what I argue with some liberal gun owners that I know.

They fully agree with an AWB, partially agree with a semi-auto ban on some rifles/pistols, but they claim that their hunting arms would never be targeted.

To which I laugh heartily and remind of that, and they mutter incoherently.

We all should know what the goals are of all this.

Create a crisis and then offer a solution.

Beware the solutions.

• Like 5

I don't recall anyone stating what distance the shots were taken from. I'd bet most of us with average range time could hit minute of man with little effort provided you have the ability to stay calm. After living through the AWB, it might be time to diversify my investment strategy and start packing away popular high capacity pistol and rifle mags.

The shooter in Baton Rouge was shooting almost point-blank.

The one in Dallas sounds like he was fairly close. They didn't mention how many times he missed.

Neither shooter required great skill. Neither do pressure cookers.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 4

Makes you wonder why no cops carry a scoped bolt action. That way they can park at a safe distance when responding to a call and immediately set up a sniper/long range position. After that, one shot should fix the problem.

If I opened all of your guns safes, would everyone have the same exact collection?

Well, that may be a bad question to ask here, since we all have Saigas.

Either way, there's 300 million guns or something in the USA. There are thousands of makes and models. Of course people are going to tend to have different weapons, whatever purpose they may be using them for. Shit, I can't even get less than ten different "best" caliber/rifle combos for deer season. Maybe reach in the bag of M&M's and expect to get all the same color when i pull my hand out, too?

We have enemies in the press, that's bad enough. We don't need tin foil. 

Edited by randumbthoughts