Question on Saigas from CDNN

Thanks, guys.

Does Saiga have any special type of sling, or just the standard AK sling.

BOTH my Saiga .410 and my Saiga 7.62X39 came with Russian slings. They were both purchased from CDNN too. BUT.........that was in the mid 90's.

The green cloth SKS slings will work, or you can use QD studs and standard QD swivels. A 10-32 is a decent fit for the front, you will need to shorten it and dremmel a washer to fit the forgrip, a helicoil can be used to make the fit perfect, but I havn't had any problems so far. At the rear the woodscrew type will work fine, you just need a larger pilot hole.

G O B

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Feb 26 2006, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The green cloth SKS slings will work, or you can use QD studs and standard QD swivels. A 10-32 is a decent fit for the front, you will need to shorten it and dremmel a washer to fit the forgrip, a helicoil can be used to make the fit perfect, but I havn't had any problems so far. At the rear the woodscrew type will work fine, you just need a larger pilot hole.

G O B

GOB,

what is a QD stud? My friend was just looking at a Harris bi-pod for his Springfield M-14,and they said he needed a QD stud adapter.

(don't mean to hijack)

Mine is a 2001 mfg. I bought from CDNN in 2003, Factory BHO, no sling. I attached a stock AK-47 sling side-swivel on the left side of the forend. Looks and works great, ACE folder sling loop handles the back end of my E.G. grey blue AK-74 sling. They are great slings because they are among the longest AK slings made. and the color looks cool on a black, or camoed gun (my Saiga 12 is now sporting German Flectar camo I did myself).