Does anyone make

Is there a rifled choke tube on the market for an S12 ?? I think it would be a good idea as they really do work and the accuracy is incredible coming from a smooth bore bbl. I have one on a Remington and like I said before they really work. I'll take the first one.

I'm not sure I see the point. I would think that rifling would hurt usability with buckshot since the centrifugal force would spread the shot much wider, much more quickly. With slugs you don't want to narrow the bore. If these are still just cylinder chokes is this just to add some rifling for non-rifled slugs? I guess with a Saiga swapping the barrel for a fully-rifled slug barrel isn't practical, is that the idea?

I'm still new to these things, looking for enlightenment. :unsure:

I'm not sure I see the point. I would think that rifling would hurt usability with buckshot since the centrifugal force would spread the shot much wider, much more quickly. With slugs you don't want to narrow the bore. If these are still just cylinder chokes is this just to add some rifling for non-rifled slugs? I guess with a Saiga swapping the barrel for a fully-rifled slug barrel isn't practical, is that the idea?

They do improve slug accuracy.............

It wont affect the buck shot that much and I don't plan to use a lot of it. My gun doesn't like the cheap shit from walmart so I'm gonna help it out by shooting slugs. If a 230grn bullet from a 45 at 850 ft per second hurts can you imagine 525 grn slug at 1600 ft per sec? Oh fk me!!

• 1 month later...

I made three of the Paradox tubes awhile back, but it takes so much time and the Pac-Nor match blank was so expensive, it wasn't worth screwing with anymore. I have enough barrel blank to make a couple of more, but I will probably just put those in my personal collection. $125 is a deal.

Tony

Please enlighten me if I am incorrect? But is'nt a choke tube there to tighten/control the shot pattern? As in bird shot? I have shot many a slug through smooth bore and rifled barrel. But that Paradox deal has me a little curious? Our S12's are a smooth bore of average 19in. A slug shot traveling 19 in of smooth bore, then encountering 3in of rifleing (twist)at the end of the barrel, would seem to have an odd effect? Follow me? Would'nt that have a tourqe effect? I'm just curious how that projectile would react upon the barrel and trajectory?

Please enlighten me if I am incorrect? But is'nt a choke tube there to tighten/control the shot pattern? As in bird shot? I have shot many a slug through smooth bore and rifled barrel. But that Paradox deal has me a little curious? Our S12's are a smooth bore of average 19in. A slug shot traveling 19 in of smooth bore, then encountering 3in of rifleing (twist)at the end of the barrel, would seem to have an odd effect? Follow me? Would'nt that have a tourqe effect? I'm just curious how that projectile would react upon the barrel and trajectory?

no odd effect...when you put the rifled slug tube on your shotty the 19" of smooth bore barrel basically becomes 19" of throat, like that of a rifle barrel only much longer. I don't know about any kind of torque effect but it would certainly be minuscule and is unnoticeable even if recoil and muzzle flip were not going to cover it up. The slug will react in a predictable manner, it will ride down the smooth bore and engage the rifling in the tube when it gets there, the rifling will impart some amount of rotational stability to the slug which will titan up your groups...trajectory will still be the same 30 degree downward angle from muzzle to dirt, however :)

Rifled slug tubes have been used for along time and by no means are they a new idea. Google 'rifled choke tube' or 'rifled slug tube' and you will find them for many of today's popular hunting shotguns...anyone that lives in a state that only allows deer hunting with shotguns (no rifles) has probably used one at some point, but fully rifled slug barrels are preferable for that situation.

Edited by Barnett3006