GO for it JACKALS!!!! CHEEEEEEEP!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44713312

Converted .308, stated to be NEW/unfired

BUY IT NOW for $325!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!

:smoke:

Thanks for the tip. :smoke:

Congrats & thanks for keeping me from doing something I really shouldn't have!

I was in there ready to click the confirm button. I backed out and decided I better not - I just lined up a deal on a S-12. But I thought "I'm stupid for not getting it!" and went back in 10 minutes later "SOLD!!"

Squeeze of a few rounds for me dude! Awesome deal on that one!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44713312

Converted .308, stated to be NEW/unfired

BUY IT NOW for $325!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!

Thanks for the tip. :smoke:

Congrats & thanks for keeping me from doing something I really shouldn't have!

I was in there ready to click the confirm button. I backed out and decided I better not - I just lined up a deal on a S-12. But I thought "I'm stupid for not getting it!" and went back in 10 minutes later "SOLD!!"

Squeeze of a few rounds for me dude! Awesome deal on that one!

Thanks! You bet I will. I'm new to .308 so I'll be reading this board a lot for the next few days and looking for a scope of course.

HEY HEY!!!! Cheers to you DaGroaner!!!! :up: :up: :up:

Glad to be of help!!! Like I said... that one was DIRT CHEAP... you cant even get a NON-Convert for that price these days... so I knew it wouldnt last long...

Good to see it go to a good home!!!

Now, when ya get it you get to post more pics! LOL

HOOOOOOLLLDDD ON A SEC!!!! does this mean that they are now importing FACTORY PG configurations?????

I mean, it says a converted one at the top of the thread, but that is the factory Izhmash flash hider on the end. i may be mistaken though...

No it has to be a conversion. I emailed the seller some questions including if he knew who did the conversion. I haven't heard back yet.

Not to rain on a parade, but I can't believe the rifle is converted for that price. The guy selling the rifle never states anywhere in his ad that the rifle has been converted. Also, the job (if converted) looks top notch... almost too 'factory'. Lastly, I could swear I've seen this image before somewhere on the web...........

Maybe I'm just overly cautious, but I've got a bad vibe about thinking that this rifle is already converted or that the picture is authentic of what will be shipped.

However it doesn't really matter, $325 is a good price for a Saiga 308 even if it is in the original configuration.

Edited by RDSWriter
Not to rain on a parade, but I can't believe the rifle is converted for that price. The guy selling the rifle never states anywhere in his ad that the rifle has been converted. Also, the job (if converted) looks top notch... almost too 'factory'. Lastly, I could swear I've seen this image before somewhere on the web...........

Maybe I'm just overly cautious, but I've got a bad vibe about thinking that this rifle is already converted or that the picture is authentic of what will be shipped.

However it doesn't really matter, $325 is a good price for a Saiga 308 even if it is in the original configuration.

I had the same feeling. I emailed the guy and he skipped that question(bad sign) so I emailed him again. If it's original config I will let him discount the price for my trouble. :chris:

Just a FYI.

At a recent Gun Show in Hampton, Va. Saiga .308 with 22 inch barrel was $310 and 7.62x39 Saiga was $230. Too bad I was close to broke :(

I hope those prices hold for a while.

Zip

why does the saftey/selector on it have a deep cut like its been manipulated 90 times?

shit id still buy it.

FYI - NIB as well as unfired does not mean "safety has been manipulated to show wear on the finish" on any gun, including an AKM type.

its still a good buy though, even considering that.

why does the saftey/selector on it have a deep cut like its been manipulated 90 times?

shit id still buy it.

FYI - NIB as well as unfired does not mean "safety has been manipulated to show wear on the finish" on any gun, including an AKM type.

its still a good buy though, even considering that.

I asked him about that and he said he'd take $20 off the price. He still hasn't replied regarding the PG.

Converted or not.... $325 is almost a steal... Hell, I think I paid $360-ish for my woody, LAST YEAR!

IT is a great rifle for that price...

I recently got a 20" X39 from gilberts... "used gun" but UNFIRED... $190... and at GM, a Ruger TNZ... "used gun" again... UNFIRED!

DEALS can be had! :up:

I just called the guy. $325 shipped and it's a stock Saiga, he stole the pic off the web somewhere. I was nice and let the guy off the hook. I think this is the one I convert on my own. You can modify M-14 mags to work in them right?

Yeah yeah I'll check the Tech Section. :eek:

I just called the guy. $325 shipped and it's a stock Saiga, he stole the pic off the web somewhere. I was nice and let the guy off the hook. I think this is the one I convert on my own. You can modify M-14 mags to work in them right?

It takes alot not to go off on the guy! DaGroaner, you exercised some serious patience. Kudos

Misc

It takes alot not to go off on the guy! DaGroaner, you exercised some serious patience. Kudos

Misc

He wasn't trying to scam me. He offered to let me out of the deal and he also offered a substantially greater discount than I was willing to accept. I allowed him to knock $25 off the price(the shipping), we both walked away happy and that's that.

Edited by DaGroaner

That was a good deal I paid $359 for my synthtic stock 308-1 it had been sitting in the local gun shop on a sales rack with a new tag for who knows how long with some slight wear to the finish. But by the time I figured in transfer fees $45 for my local gun shop $25 for shipping and $315 for a new rifle from RAA it was less expensive for the same product.

That was a good deal I paid $359 for my synthtic stock 308-1 it had been sitting in the local gun shop on a sales rack with a new tag for who knows how long with some slight wear to the finish. But by the time I figured in transfer fees $45 for my local gun shop $25 for shipping and $315 for a new rifle from RAA it was less expensive for the same product.

My FFL only charges $15 for the transfer so I'm OTD for $340. But I still have to convert it into a faux Tigr. I have no idea what that's going to cost in time and materials. But I don't care either so it's all good.

Bama: No F/H just a stock S-308.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I picked up the rifle and it is an unconverted EAA Saiga-308-1 with a 22" barrel and BHO and it is brand spankin' new in the box. I am going to convert it to PG this weekend. I can't believe how nice these Saigas are for the money. Even if I were to leave it stock this is one hell of a sweet rifle. I can't wait to scope it. Time to shop.

Edited by DaGroaner