Factory 20rd mags

If I remember correctly, just befor EAA dropped the Saiga line they were about to offer 20rd factory mags. I know they had them listed on their site with prices but nobody ever actually saw one. I'm curious if RAA will be getting around to this or not. I am patient, won't spend $65 on a converted m14 mag and I won't butcher other mags to make a frankenmag. We deserve a factory 20rd mag. I think I'll shoot off an email to raa on this issue.

Good luck, I don't think EAA cares one bit about any more service issues related to the Saiga. Think they have washed their hands of the whole affair. Don

I think he meant the new distributor RAA. But it won't matter. There will never be an imported factory mag that holds over 10 rounds.

I'm not sure a factory 20 round mag ever really existed. They may have been working on getting someone else to make some for them. I they were available we would see them comming from russia on Ebay. I e-mailed Oleg at russmilitary to see if he could get his hands on one and he said there were none offered.

I do believe the term for them is "vaporware." The Russians may be at fault as much as EAA, as EAA seemed to hear different stories from them each time asked. The later the responses, the farther back they seemed to be in the process. The last response from EAA was that the Russians were still looking into getting the equipment to make the mags. This is after advertising them and taking orders.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

i have seen a couple of 30 round fac saiga mags, ONCE, but they were 100 a piece , some years back,if i remember right. there is a huge deal of all kind of inter fed agency crap, and redesignation, and redesign , that would have to taek place, to change Saigas from their sporting rifle desig, to an Assaut rifle desig, and the hassle is just not worth it, this is why you wont see any hicaps , ever.

the atf will not allow the mags to be imported with the saigas or by any company that imports the rifles. I suspect you would never get an import license to import them in quantity for resale if you wanted to try to import some yourself. the only way is to privately buy them from overseas and have them shipped to you as a personal transaction, and you see this with the hi cap saiga saiga shotgun magazines.