New idea for Saiga stock

Here is a pic of a fellow member's .410 I just finished customizing for him. He likes the Saiga stock but wanted it to be more like the Nato length one of mine he tried out.

Best of both worlds.

post-1293-1142178868_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1142178896_thumb.jpg

I chopped the end off and then removed another section from the middle.

post-1293-1142179386_thumb.jpg

Cut about 3/8 of an inch out of the middle of the butt and plate and "welded" it all back together, inside and out.

post-1293-1142179540_thumb.jpgpost-1293-1142179563_thumb.jpg

The buttplate is still removable.

post-1293-1142179899_thumb.jpg

Sanded it.

post-1293-1142179689_thumb.jpg

I painted it with flat black rustoleum.

I think it came out pretty sweet. :super: He hasn't even seen it yet.

What do you think Aethelbert?

Cobra --

I really havta echo Jackie Gleason's famous line in "The Honeymooners". No, not "One of these days, Alice -- Bam! Pow! To the moon!" I mean where he would say, "How sweet it is!"

Great work! I have got to get over and pick it up and try it!

BTW, guys, if you want your Saiga (especilly your S-12) to take on that 'drop dead' look, that "I'm an AK on steroids (or with a problem)" look, I seriously recommend the Cobra's den -- uh, workshop!

Edited by Aethelbert
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME! :super:

Couldn't help it -- just had to quote Dinzaq.

Went over to Cobra's place and picked up (literally) my Saiga .410. Can't begin to tell you how much better the stock fits me now. And the cooling vents? Kewl! And here I am, the guy that never, ever (before) wanted any of his firearms to be anything other than completely stock, completely like how it left the factory!

Only problem is that now I'm starting to think about a few other minor mods -- like, filling the shoulder stock with an expanding foam, maybe getting the Cobra to mod some mags so I have a couple that will hold 8 rounds each. I may even change the sights even though the issue ones have always served me well.

Gents, let me tell you again... Cobra does top quality work. If you have a special modification need, check with him.

Edited by Aethelbert

Wow, thats an interesting mod, How did you "weld" the plastic? Melting it?

Is that what that thing in the pic, next to the gun is, some sort of heat device? (probably a dumb question)

Sporter with the vents looks pretty slick. :super:

Is that what that thing in the pic, next to the gun is, some sort of heat device?

Dude.... have you NEVER seen a soldering iron before?!?!?

Thats all it is... a basic soldering iron... melts the plastic... or WELDS it in this case. :up:

:smoke:

Is that what that thing in the pic, next to the gun is, some sort of heat device?

Dude.... have you NEVER seen a soldering iron before?!?!?

Thats all it is... a basic soldering iron... melts the plastic... or WELDS it in this case. :up:

I've never seen one like that, not with the cage or wooden handle, I guess I'm just not up on soldering irons can you recommend a book or website that might educate me on the various types of soldiering irons out there that I am so obviously unaware of? :haha: Thanks for telling me though anyway, I appreciate it, it has truly been a wild ride into the fascinating world of the soldering iron driven by a man whose soldering iron prowess is truly unparrelelled. :killer:

Actually I kind of assumed thats what it was (hence my probably a dumb question statement) but wasnt sure, nor did I know that they could be used to weld plastic in such a fashion, so kiss my black ass Indy. :smoke: Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

P.S. My ass is not in fact actually black... not that there is anything wrong with a black ass.

Edited by chris410

Actually, In fact, I do not think I will inform you of ANY of the mystical sources of Soldering iron Lore that I am aware of. It is a SECRET SECT, those of us who are in the know, and you my friend are not worthy to be allowed into the inner circle of soldering iron users.

Many years have I spent apprenticed to a soldering iron identification master, and further many years were spent as a journeyman as well, before I was allowed to even take hold of one of the marvelous devices. I know my soldering iron using brothers, like Cobra, and Dinzag also have taken the vows of silence and secrecy also will not divulge any of this arcane lore to just anyone who asks unbidden, and without the proper training.

As far as my Soldering Iron prowess, that is a trade secret as to my skills... one does not just brag about his soldering iron proficiencies... for the others in the secret order will take note, as it brings shame to share in the secret rituals we have mastered over the millennia, and will cast out those so foolish as to brag about the secret rites of the soldering iron!!

Soldering secret society. You need at least 5 electric irons, one or two guns, several coppers and a couple propane torches. However you must have at LEAST one GASOLINE torch to hold a masters .

:haha::haha:

G O B