Just got my first Saiga 12 (finally)

I've been wanting one for so long and had the chance to buy them for $199-250 a year and a half ago. I did a lot of searching and found Stanley's pro shop. They have 19" Saiga 12s in stock at $379.96 and $29.95 shipping for up to 4. I got one and so did my Brother. The total cost per Saiga was $404.93 with transfer and bgc(4473). Soon it will be conversion time.

Here's a link to Stanley's Pro Shop

Edited by 325time
Are those the Saiga 12's with the chokes permanently welded on the barrel, which were originally less than 18"? Do they have the bolt-hold device? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Yeah it's a welded choke 18.25" Saiga. This was the one without the bolt hold open. I just wanted a saiga really bad and didn't want to wait for the BHO model.

Here's a couple pic of my stock Saiga 12:

choke marked C(0,0) with KAA12

DSCN4070.jpg

DSCN4068.jpg

325Time,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for sharing the cool photos.

You're welcome.

:rolleyes: ..Sure seems a Damn shame to have to weld a threaded barrel choke to a Shotgun...meant to have full use of different settings....Siigh!!..

I agree. The letter in the box said not to use cheap bird shot, can a normal (unwelded) saiga shoot bird shot? Should I not shoot slugs with this welded choke?

"I agree. The letter in the box said not to use cheap bird shot, can a normal (unwelded) saiga shoot bird shot? Should I not shoot slugs with this welded choke?"

-This is a gas port problem and has nothing to do with the choke. The gun won't cycle with light loads.

However, Tony can fix 'em.

All my Saigas have shot birdshot ammo...Even non converted NIB..Especially after break in periods....That letter is most likely to cover themselves on such probs..as shooting cheapy crappy ammo in it..Actually ALL automatic Shotguns are supceptible to such acts as using cheap crappy ammo....If you've ever bought a Remy 1100 series.. SG...they state to absolutely NOT shoot low velocity ammo in it & no warranty from Remington Implies that it will..

I'd just break the saiga12 in...sooner or later it will shoot anything ya wanna put in it..just don't go bitch'n to where ya bought it from..that it won't..... :super:

Looks to me they just want to cover their ass so they don't have a million complaints about cheapo ammo not ejecting right. We all know the new shotguns take a little breaking in before they are consistant with everything.