There Comming Guys!!!

The Halo Mfg. Quad Rail Production samples are finally shipping next week. Those of you (on the list) that were contacted about obtaining them will be contacted as soon as we accept them. Those of you that have waited this long, your wait is comming to a close! Trust me we didnt want it to take this long, but when your dealing with manufactures in three different country's...its kinda out of our hands. The list is still open if anyone else wants on.

post-3-1147103259_thumb.jpg

post-3-1147104265_thumb.jpg

post-3-1147104284_thumb.jpg

Basically for those of you seeing this for the first time. We are manufacturing a Quad Rail for the Saiga-12. These are being Die-Cast and CNC machined in 70-series aluminum, then hard coat anodized . There is a top and bottom. The bottom half can be used by itself. They have built in ghost ring sights. They will be shipping this summer! Installation is as simple as changing handguards (after factory sight is removed).

We started a (no money down) list for these units, there will only be 500 units world wide. For the people signed up on the list, there will be a Pre-sale Discount given. The Pre-sale price will be $249! After these units start shipping the price will go to full retail price of $279. If you want to placed on our list please email us at "halomfg@tmail.com" with your NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER. when you are called for payment, if you are not ready we will simpley move to the next person on the list. Any preorder price will be voided at that time. Feel free to contact us at "halomfg.com" with any questions, and more info and pics!

Thank you,

Halo Mfg

www.halomfg.com

Edited by Makc
What's the deal with the 500 piece limitation?

Is the tooling worn out after only 500 units?

No the setup charges, production charges, and unit cost, and Die storage fees. I also dont think we will sell THAT many more. Unless the Russin Military (who is looking at them) decides to get some, or our Shotgun News Ad does something. If the first run sells out, and there is a high demand for more, well have them done. But there are still a couple hundred left in the first run.

Casting question:

the whole unit is cast, but we wanted to keep tolerences. There are two groves that lock the top half into the bottom half. These groves keep the unit from sliding back and forth due to recoil forces. Those have to stay pretty tight so they dont wear out the screws holding the halves together, and keep the unit like a rock. Anything else that needs to be CNC cleaned up (like Die-Cast release lines on the outside) will be also.

As a few competitions disallow optic sights, I'm very interested in the built in ghost sights.

How much adjustment do these have? Has anyone (Tony/Halo) checked to see if they can be zero'd with slugs?

One of the weaknesses of this platform are the sights. First Saiga shot spot on. Every one I've owned since ... well not so much, to the point that I couldn't adjust the rails to get POA=POI (For me it's a couple of S12's, and several for friends). In other words, the rail doesn't have enough play to adjust the drop.

Pic's look REAL nice.

...but when your dealing with manufactures in three different country's...its kinda out of our hands.

What is the country of origin of your rail system?

Excellent question, I assumed until now that they were made in the USA and counted as 1 U.S. part (forearm/handguard)

...but when your dealing with manufactures in three different country's...its kinda out of our hands.

What is the country of origin of your rail system?

Excellent question, I assumed until now that they were made in the USA and counted as 1 U.S. part (forearm/handguard)

THEY DO COUNT AS 1 USA PART.

When we started, we went to Texas to Start the process. They got help from their sister shop in Canada. They are "cast" in Canada (they had some of the design and parts used for their machinery in the Die-Cast process done overseas in Japan).

After the Cast (in Canada) they are sent to TX, USA. In Texas they are finish machined for tolerances, fit, drilled, and tapped. Then they are shipped to Halo Mfg for deburing, beadblasting, and hard coat anodizing. They are then boxed packaged and shipped from us to you.

So, in short, they are a USA part. When they leave Canada they are leaving as raw material. They DO Not offically count as a Part until the other 80% is done in the US. Thats why we DO NOT have to worry about importation of firearm parts. Dont worry, were not in vilolation of ANY 922r laws. Being Class II manufactures, we understand the laws completely. Thats why I said "KINDA out of our hands". Once we get them from Texas, we will only be a couple weeks out pro the production run.

Edited by Halo Mfg

Halo, Are these just like the ones that you sold on the Five-seven forum for the PS-90's. If so they are made in Japan for airsoft rifles. Will they hold up to the recoil of a shotgun and still keep the optics in zero? You probaly should disclose this to your buyers. Thanks, Chipleyfla

moderator note: user's warning level upgraded and blocked for two days for this comment, because the information is PLAINLY in the initial post, as well as other posts following it.

Halo, Are these just like the ones that you sold on the Five-seven forum for the PS-90's. If so they are made in Japan for airsoft rifles. Will they hold up to the recoil of a shotgun and still keep the optics in zero? You probaly should disclose this to your buyers. Thanks, Chipleyfla

I think you must have me confused with "Tyler" from "magazineparts.com" on fivesevenforum. I dont sell airsoft products. Before you accuse people with comments of "You might want to disclose this to your buyers" you might want to make sure you know who your accusing of what. Our products are designed for REAL gun use. Tyler on "fivesevenforum" makes conversions of Airsoft products "for use with real firearms", and from what I understand from his customers, his products work! He has sold out with no complaints. Tyler and Myself are well respected on fivesevenforum, and we both support the site. No one likes "Trolls". If you had a problem you should have contacted me directly. Thanks.

Buy the way, does this even look even look "close" to the Saiga photos above?

post-3-1147104537_thumb.jpg

post-3-1147104549_thumb.jpg

I am not trolling. I am sorry if I got you mixed up with the gentleman you mentioned. I do know he was selling the same part that Airsoft Atlanta had for $110 for $259 if my memory is correct. I then saw people resale the mounts on gunbroker for $400-$500 without disclosing this was just a airsoft mount and not a real firearm quality mount. That is fraud if you ask me. It is up to me,you and all of the members of these boards to stop this kind of theft. I wanted to make sure that your product was originally designed for a real firearm, and is not a converted airsoft product as above. No trolling, just due diligence. Thanks, Chipleyfla P.S. Your picture is not the mount I am speaking of. I am talking about the forward mount that covers the front part of the long barrel on the PS-90. And yes, the mount I am talking about does resemble your mount. Does your mount originate from Japan. If it does then it was designed for an airsof gun, not a real firearm and will not hold up to the abuse it will be subjected to on a Saiga-12. If the mount did not originate from Japan, then where? Thanks Again, Chipleyfla

moderator note: he said it was cast in aluminum in canada and machined in america, in case you cant read. warning level upgraded again for this second comment.

Edited by Bvamp

Does it come with all of those cover plates? Those are cool.

Lets say you didn't want a front hand grip or anything attached on the sides but just an optic on top, could you put more of that cover plate on all of the picanny and then would it be comfortable for that whole assembly to be the front handguard?

CHIPLEYFLA: I think I can speak for HaloMfg. and say that he has a casting source up in canada, then ships the crude unfinished parts to the US to be worked up into his products. at least that is what he says about the saiga12 rail in above posts, so I would have to assume that they use the same casting source for all of thier products, or at least most of them.

pedal2alloy, those "plates" are hard rubber slipon rail covers. they originated for 4 rail AR users who didnt have thier guns completely covered with stuff, and didnt want to get thier hands or gloves dug up by the rails. you can get them from a number of sources.

me personally? I cant put a part on my gun that costs as much as the gun itself, unless its a scope. thats just me though. great part, and I like the incorporated front and rear sights on it.

It will not bolt right up to a HK sight converted gun unless you mill a slot in the top of the handguard for the sight to stick through. That's a pretty simple job though.

Halo did however, change the design of the handguard to allow it to bolt up to a Tromix 12" SBS though. As for the 8" gun, I don't think it will work since the Halo gaurd would probably stick out past the end the short barrel.

I have another company working on producing a custom polymer handguard specifically suited for the 8" Tromix guns. It will be similar to a Micro Galil handguard. There is also a possibility that I can cut down the Halo unit to fit the 8" guns as well. I just don't know until I get my hands on a production unit.

"Basically for those of you seeing this for the first time. We are manufacturing a Quad Rail for the Saiga-12. These are being Die-Cast and CNC machined in 70-series aluminum, then hard coat anodized ."

...I kind of suspect that the name and this statement mean that it is the real deal, and I cant see why it wouldnt hold up. but then again, its not on my gun that I blow thousands of rounds down without thinking twice about it, so i have no idea. if someone wants me to run shitloads of loads down mine and provide the handguard, Im all for it, though :)

I tell you what, the longer sight plane with DECENT sights looks like a real selling point for the thing.

well see what ya did? edit: CHIPLEYFLA user is prohibited from posting for a few days now. minimum. I have not decided if he isnt coming back. maybe my fellow moderators can drop the ball. I dont want to be a nazi, but....this might call for it.

...come on now. that wasnt very nice, or swift...

READ the post next time.

Halo, (I know you're not posting but you might still be browsing) thanks for the response and I'm glad to see you stand behind your products. I'm on the LIST and anxiously awaiting a phone call. With a limited number of 500, I might just buy two of them.

Later...

me personally? I cant put a part on my gun that costs as much as the gun itself, unless its a scope. thats just me though. great part, and I like the incorporated front and rear sights on it.

Tony built my S12 (it is being shipped as we speak) so the rail, for me, no longer costs as much as the gun. Did you convert your S12?

G45

nah, in the state I live in, if I converted my s12, i would be manufacturing some kind of evil weapon that would land me some time upstate and forfeiture of my guns and my right to own them.

so like I said, it would cost me as much as I paid for my gun, and its not an optic, but just the MOUNT for one.