No, I'm not retiring from work (that will require a cardiac arrest, unfortunately)...

It's just that I'm pretty much retiring (backing off a great deal) from the internet gun sites I've been around for several years, not to mention decades as a FFL, shop owner, collector and so on.

I'm getting older, as in for real (with ample physical evidence) and have become aware that I don't aquire, sell, or trade anymore -liking it that way.

It seems I am acceptably pleased with what I have, and wish to leave it at that.

Interest in what is new and zoomie is pretty much nil, as is wasting gas, money, and time going to shows has become.

My father, a shooter and collector, expessed likewise in his latter years -of course I didn't understnd it. I do now -just some of life's changes.

So, the firearms have gone from a burning interest to just a familiar background hum.

It took some acceptance. It's okay.

I'll visit the site at times, maybe even post. It's a "retirement" thing.

The pro 2nd activity and active interest in the firearms culture "torch" is largely manhandled these days by you youngsters -keep it high.

Lollygagger/Rick :unsure: (Now! I get to try to shoot up all that "SHTF" ammo I've piled up!...No! I don't want to sell it.)

No, Neither of those... I just think hes "had enough for now"... so with all due respect... let him "retire" with dignity, and with pride...

Take Care Lollygagger. Enjoy!

:smoke:

I understand my friend. My hobbies have gone from sailing to tournment fishing to antique car biulding to biulding cars to drag race to biulding AK type guns. Each one seems to burn hot for about 5-7 years then all have wand as I learned all I care to learn or do with each....kinda like Forrest Gump and his running. I can see myself scaling back the gun biulds allready and the fourm topics are all the same for the most part....its the personality and the comaradary of good folks here that keep me coming back to this sight.

Edited by akok

I definitely know what it's like to finally feel you've found your niche in guns and are well served with what you have. A good position to be in as opposed to constantly buying and selling and never developing a quality relationship with anything you have.

But I'm sure there'll come a day when you feel like coming back for a post or two now and then, so don't be a stranger. I've felt burnt out at times relating to forum stuff and I've found that just moderating my time on such things makes everything a whole lot more enjoyable. It's easy to feel like you're in or out of these communities, but I figure there's nothing wrong with posting once in a blue moon and reading up when you get bored.

Its not about retire you just hit a lull and at the sametime your desire is at a lull too don't get confused now between the two. I have hit this fork in the road too and i will ask myself why on earth do i do this? Then my interest gets renewed soon after and my batteries are charged up and i'm ready to continue were i left off. Come on you have been in it for so long why bail now? This gets even better as we get older too because its still something that we can do at any age. Relax, stay out of the sun and pop a cold one and even go fishing if you have to too it just may help too. You don't have depression do you?(kidding) My midlife crisis came and went and all i can say now is stop the bus i want to get off. Time is going by faster and faster look right now its June already the years are flying by. My point is to stop and smell the roses, take life one day at a time. When i wake up each day i realize that god has given me another day to enjoy and i enjoy each new day till the fullest and i never look back.

Yup why do we do this? I ask myself sometimes..........collecting is a never ending story and its never over until we pass on thats it you can't just give up your needed here too. Its all about the search, the find and going home with a treasure in the car too or waiting for the BBT to deliver your latest purchase we are like little kids again on christmas morning over and over again. Relax things will be ok again just wait and see my friend.

Edited by Unknown Poster
  • 5 weeks later...

i feel you lolly, i'm pretty much doing the same, i have been working tons and am getting married thats my reason for now.

i have not lost my interest in guns, i've just built several ak's, played with the saiga, and learned more about ak's (ak47,74,m, etc, etc...) that pretty much everyone around me.

some things spark my interest considerably, but at this point in my life i cant be affording to spend on guns, i mean dont get me wrong i have my shtf shit handy and lots of mags and plan to continue buying ammo and shooting.

it all gets repetitive, i know i cant "quit" reading the forums here and at the ak files but i havn't been doing it as much, its pretty much the same stuff going on, the same stuff for sale, But i still know "that yall are there for me(or lolly, or bvamp, or cobra, or anyone on this site) if i ever need yall"

so have fun in e-retirement lolly, but i'm sure we will still see you a bit, you gotta use your internet to make you feel like your paying for something

Edited by jon elia