jfor ipsc i usestandard pistol mag belt pouches form unclemikes.for rifle,mag pouches, for shotgun mags surplus u.s.or israeli gas mask bag with cross shoulder strap, you can pick these up for a few bucks ea. now if i am shooting a course with multigun i use a tactical vest. havent figured out a mag pouch for 12 ga. mags yet for it. i may have some made with velcro attatchments..hope this helps

Now the question is which tac vest, I use the Russian UN vest from Rusmilitary.com my son uses a South Afracan one we ordered from some company in England, I can't for the life of me remember which one. Also I met the owner of a company called Black Ops Tactical they might be interested in making special mag holders for the S-12 especially now that the 10 round mags will be out shortly.

Tac vests look cool, but for me they are claustrophobic, uncomfortable and don't do what you really want: that is to have ammo and gear handy. Here in S. Florida, they are also quite hot. For most three gun, I use concealed/carry belt pouches for pistol mags and mostly a paddle hip holster, sometimes a tac drop holster, but they are also overkill.

For rifle mags for most COFs, the thigh pouches do fine for dual clamped AR or AK mags. Just hang them with the longer side in the pocket, or the side that gives you the most natural angle for seating in the magwell. Sometimes I use an E.German raindrop pouch for rifle mags. That's pretty quick and gives you 2 pairs of clamped mags at your hip. The clamped mags ride in the cells just fine, just clamp low on the mag, which you want to do anyway if you are using an AK with Kobra optics. You will want to have the mags have some spread play at the top so the left mag clears the optics release tab.

My Saiga 12 mags are all clamped and also go in the thigh pockets well. If I need more, I use a somewhat loose pistol belt (Uncle Mikes) and hang the clamped mags on the belt. It's loose enough to be able to remove the mags quickly, but snug enough to keep the mags with me while running to diferent positions.

Edited by inparidel

I cut the top of the Israily 308 mags. I set one mag all the way in, the second is tighter (a good thing) and so I set it in about 1/2 way. This offset allows easy grabbing of a single mag.

Also, there's a video of an IPSC 3 gunner in the orient (Korea? Japan? Don't know) She had taped on metal hooks to the mags themselves, and just hung them on her belt.

Lots of guys run the vests, they seem to do real well, mags are high and convenient for changing. But I sweat so much I think summer matches would kill me.

For a Recon styled match the vests are the ONLY way to go.

Belt clips.

Easy, fast and above all simple. ;) Use mag-pull or tape to fasten belt clip to your mag.

One can see one mag hanging on regular FAL-mag holder... There are 3 more mags hanging on cargo pant's front pockets but they can't be seen from this angle.

mud.JPG

From episode: "Ice meets mud. More slipery than it looks!"

...Text on T-shirt: Shock resistant. :D

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Edited by JumiKuula

For multi-gun matches where you are expected to have ammo for up to all 3 guns on you at the same time, a vest is the only way to go if you want any continuity in where your mags/shells are at.

When the Saiga 10 round mags are available I'm going to have 3 gun gear make me some MOLLE compatible carriers for them, with MOLLE webbing on the front so I can stack AR mags on top of them.

Our Pal Bobby at Blade-Tech has a Saiga-12 eight round magazine and a Saiga-20 ten round magazine on his workbench right now. He is working up some Kydex mag pounches using those to ensure proper fit. Bobby did great work on my USAS-12 magazine pouches, and I expect that my new Saiga pouches will be just as good.

Of course, once he has the masters, he can make lots of them for everyone else, too.

As far as I know, I'm the only Master USPSA three-gun competitor silly enough to run with a mag fed shotgun. Actual results may vary, but I like belt pouches better than vests. I've been running my STI in a heavily modified Bladetech DOH, and AR and shotgun mags in Bladetech TecLoc pouches (easy to take on and off, configuring as needed for various stages). Running 30 round mags in my pistol, 40 round (or Beta) mags in my AR, and the stick mags in my shotgun makes for a minimally-reloading sort of game.

And the more time shooting, the faster the stage time. Winning matches is more fun than losing matches, all in all. Unless you are playing Trooper Class with the rest of the high-drag low-speed massive-fun guys, toting less gear on a run and gun stage is a good thing.

Alex

Our Pal Bobby at Blade-Tech has a Saiga-12 eight round magazine and a Saiga-20 ten round magazine on his workbench right now. He is working up some Kydex mag pounches using those to ensure proper fit. Bobby did great work on my USAS-12 magazine pouches, and I expect that my new Saiga pouches will be just as good.

Of course, once he has the masters, he can make lots of them for everyone else, too.

As far as I know, I'm the only Master USPSA three-gun competitor silly enough to run with a mag fed shotgun. Actual results may vary, but I like belt pouches better than vests. I've been running my STI in a heavily modified Bladetech DOH, and AR and shotgun mags in Bladetech TecLoc pouches (easy to take on and off, configuring as needed for various stages). Running 30 round mags in my pistol, 40 round (or Beta) mags in my AR, and the stick mags in my shotgun makes for a minimally-reloading sort of game.

And the more time shooting, the faster the stage time. Winning matches is more fun than losing matches, all in all. Unless you are playing Trooper Class with the rest of the high-drag low-speed massive-fun guys, toting less gear on a run and gun stage is a good thing.

Alex

Ditto on the less is more as far as vests and the "cool" looking MOLLE stuff goes. Are you saying that Blade Tech is making mag pouches for Siaga shotties?

Edited by inparidel

Do you have any info. on how long to develop the Kydes mag pouches?

Cassidy :donatello:

Alex

Ditto on the less is more as far as vests and the "cool" looking MOLLE stuff goes. Are you saying that Blade Tech is making mag pouches for Siaga shotties?

I'm saying that I sent Bobby, the hard working Blade-Tech "prototyping" guy, one each factory 8-round S12 and one each factory 10-round S20 magazine to use as tooling samples for magazine pouches.

The Saiga magazine holders that I ordered should be ready in a few weeks.

If you want some of your own, call Blade-Tech and ask :)

If they feign ignorance, ask to speak to Bobby and drop my name (not like that will give you a discount or anything, but it should jog is memory about that freak from West Texas who asks for weird stuff all the time).

:haha:

Alex Wakal

..Hey..Hey!!!.....I gott'a put in for that Freak award thing of West Texas..Wak!...Just ask some of the people who'v had their red neck roof's blown off by my chopper wash!!... :devil:

Oh yal..I will add that I've seen ya shoot...& even if Gawd was on my side..I couldn't compete... :super:

Edited by StarLynx

I also run a saiga in 3 gun I shoot with Benny Hill alot here in South Texas, and I also have Kydex Mag pouche made by Center of Mass call rick at 866-293-1002 or look at www.comkydex.com