Converted my S-308 today

Well I decided I couldn't wait for my cut the dang tang and Ace stock and Saw PG to get here so I just have an old Kvar warsaw length stock and US AK PG on it for now. It was so friggin easy. I put an RSA FCG in it and I can't believe how nice the trigger is now. I just laugh at myself when I think that I considered paying someone to convert it for me. It would have been more time consuming to package and ship it!!! BTW: RSA RULES!!!

Edited by DaGroaner
Well I decided I couldn't wait for my cut the dang tang and Ace stock and Saw PG to get here so I just have an old Kvar warsaw length stock and US AK PG on it for now. It was so friggin easy. I put an RSA FCG in it and I can't believe how nice the trigger is now. I just laugh at myself when I think that I considered paying someone to convert it for me. It would have been more time consuming to package and ship it!!! BTW: RSA RULES!!!

Yep, it is easy and yes, RSA does rule :D

And now the obligitory request for pics! ? ;)

Yep, it is easy and yes, RSA does rule :D

And now the obligitory request for pics! ? ;)

I'll post the pics when it's really finished. I have some other stuff in progress I'll post pics of too...when the time comes.

Well I cut the dang tang off of my S-12 and with it set up to fold to the left I can't slide a scope mount on or off except for a Russian High Mount that has a real short side base(?) so I'm going to hold off on cutting the tang off my S-308 for now. Here's the promised pics...

gallery_2033_8_45081.jpg

gallery_2033_3_57726.jpg

When you say squishy grip, are you talking about the EURO grip made by Falcon industries? I used one on an S12. I tightened the screw down as far as it would go to keep it from twisting/spining. After about a year, the grip began to split at the top where it was covered by the reciever. I'm thinking that the poster," Saltpeter" had a simular experince with that grip.

That would "Ergo" grip not Euro,Falcon has a new model out that is supposed to be an improvement on the old Ergo grip.

On that scope mount issue, not being able to slide off the mount with the Ace folder installed, I finally got one that will slide off. Came across a K-Var mount on GB that fits the bill no problem. K-V has been out for a while so I jumped on it at a $30 discount.

On the Ergo-grip, they are supposed to have been improved as stated above so I'm going to give it a try.

t-amzn, is it a low mount? I have a Russian mount that slides on and off just fine but it's like the tower of fucking Babel, it's so high. Can you tell me which model you have? TIA.

O.S.O.K. Thanks Bro, I have Cobra 76 two to thank for that and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Hey man thanks for the hedz up on that scope mount problem. I can't believe I haven't heard about that from anyone else yet. I was trying to decide whether or not to try an internal block on my S-12 but I'm not sure if I want one now or not. Another thing is I'm not sure if the internal block can be mounted farther in at the bottom of a modded receiver to make the butt sit lower and the top tube be more in line with the bore.

If you have both, which do you like best?

The guns look GREAT :super: man!

I'm glad you like the vents. They really look good on both of em! :up:

Well I cut the dang tang off of my S-12 and with it set up to fold to the left I can't slide a scope mount on or off except for a Russian High Mount that has a real short side base(?) so I'm going to hold off on cutting the tang off my S-308 for now. Here's the promised pics...

gallery_2033_8_45081.jpg

gallery_2033_3_57726.jpg

Bro to solve the problem, mount the adapter to fold to the right, and install

the but stock a little bet lower to clear the bolt handle and bolt, and can use

any scope mount you want.