Tactical Krink Strawman style

Heres my new toy. Took 2 years and too much money but its done. Firing Line milled reciever, AK-74M/100 buttstock, Venom grips, TDI short vertical grip, ambi safety lever, and PK-23 red dot scope.

166506901.jpg

166506853.jpg

166506839.jpg

166506867.jpg

166506884.jpg

It balances well and functions flawlessly. BTW done on a form-1 taxes paid. :P

Sorry about some of the pic quality but I know more about guns than cameras.

Edited by strawman

Indy, the ambi selector and ambi-PG both came from Kvar and are listed for milled recievers. Im sure there is probably a way to adapt to stamped though. The operation is pretty slick, talked to a guy at Gunsplus in Fayetteville (where I picked up the PG screw, which is longer than standard), who has a Galil and he said that his is fairly stiif, this is not. It works fine with just a flick of your thumb, probably my favorite part on the rifle.

AK-335RL1.jpg

ak-002arm9.jpg

PogueMahone, the foregrip is made in the US by Auto-Burst Tech. and allow little to no heat transfer. At first I balked at the price, but they really are worth it to keep heat off your hands. Also the pictinny mount is very stable and allows me to use the AK-100 folder without having to remove the scope as I would with a side mount. Heres a LINK.

PS. seems like I remember them having a standard length foregrip last time, but its not there now.

Edited by strawman

So you have to pull the lever back towards you with your thumb to click off the safety? What's that like to operate? Does it have enough of a mechanical advantage to easily move the lever? I was going to try the SWIFT lever from BJB but now I'm not so sure. I would be totally sold on what you have if you pushed it forward, my joints just aren't what they used to be so I don't know if that kind pulling motion on my thumb would work for me.

So you have to pull the lever back towards you with your thumb to click off the safety? What's that like to operate? Does it have enough of a mechanical advantage to easily move the lever? I was going to try the SWIFT lever from BJB but now I'm not so sure. I would be totally sold on what you have if you pushed it forward, my joints just aren't what they used to be so I don't know if that kind pulling motion on my thumb would work for me.

The lever moves very easily, (to my surprise). Hardly any effort to move it. Friend who has a Galil remarked how hard his worked, compared to the Bulgarian.

The lever moves very easily, (to my surprise). Hardly any effort to move it. Friend who has a Galil remarked how hard his worked, compared to the Bulgarian.

I have a Bulgarian safety on my Saiga and I also have a Galil, both work very well and I don't have any problem with the Galil being to stiff. I have been playing around with the idea of fabricating a lever setup like the Galil so that the Saiga could operate in the same fasion (Forward Movement Fire Position) since I do like this much better. It should not be to difficult. I've tried to come up with the Galil parts for this conversion but the full auto kits and parts which are available in the US have the same type of setup as the Bulgarian safety. (Rear Fire Position). Only the Semi-Auto Galils had the Forward Fire Position. And these parts seem to be non existent on this side of the world.