Kobra or PK-AS for the S-12?

Which would work best and survive a lot of punishment?

I have a PK-AV and was surprised when the zero moved by about 5' On checking I found the front element had lost one retaining screw and the whole front part was angled (which I would think the cause of the zero moving!!). I've never used a Kobra but I'd suspect the PK-AS was made similar strength to mine.

Maybe mine was a one off as it seems very substantial.

Never used a PK-AS but I can speak for the Kobra. I have two and they are awesome. Very high quality and durable. More streamlined than the PK-AS too...

I have two Kobra's. Mine are the AA battery version. And that's a problem. Recoil of the shotgun causes the batteries to squash and fail. Of course, Buck/Slug cause this faster. I keep plenty batteries during competitions and change liberally, before the batteries fail, Then I rotate them into other apps (practice, wall clocks, kids toys, etc). I keep fresh batteries in a bag and let the used ones go loose in my gun bag.

Other than that, I like it A LOT. I love the reticle (very fast,but allows for precision).

In the long run, I may just move these to rifles, or maybe my 20ga, where the recoil won't be as hard on the batteries, and use another optic for the Saiga.

Never used a PK-AS but I can speak for the Kobra. I have two and they are awesome. Very high quality and durable. More streamlined than the PK-AS too...

Here, here!!! +1!

I have two Kobra's. Mine are the AA battery version. And that's a problem. Recoil of the shotgun causes the batteries to squash and fail. Of course, Buck/Slug cause this faster. I keep plenty batteries during competitions and change liberally, before the batteries fail, Then I rotate them into other apps (practice, wall clocks, kids toys, etc). I keep fresh batteries in a bag and let the used ones go loose in my gun bag.

Other than that, I like it A LOT. I love the reticle (very fast,but allows for precision).

In the long run, I may just move these to rifles, or maybe my 20ga, where the recoil won't be as hard on the batteries, and use another optic for the Saiga.

Good point that I never considered. I use the AA on my Saiga AK-101 clone, and the Gen II on my S-12. I have had zero recoil related problems with either, My S-12 has the Gen II, like Cobra's, so I never considered AA problems in a S-12.

I have a PK-AS-W sight on a low rise mount on my S-12 and I love it so far.

I've only put about 30 rounds down range with this sight setup so we'll see how she holds up.

pkasw_1_800.jpg

bp02_200.jpg

I have a Kobra on a S-7.62x39 rifle and it's a great sight but I really like how my shot pattern stays inside the ring on the PK-AS-W sight.

I even knocked down a couple of clays in flight at about 25 yards. :super:

I've only put about 30 rounds down range with this sight setup so we'll see how she holds up.

pkasw_1_800.jpg

bp02_200.jpg

I have a Kobra on a S-7.62x39 rifle and it's a great sight but I really like how my shot pattern stays inside the ring on the PK-AS-W sight.

I'm really disappointed with the brightness on my PK-AS. Is your's very bright? What kind of batteries are you using?

Edited by DaGroaner

pkasw_1_800.jpg

bp02_200.jpg

I'm really disappointed with the brightness on my PK-AS. Is your's very bright? What kind of batteries are you using?

Hi DaGroaner

I can't say that I'm disappointed with the brightness on my PK-AS-W sight (but) now that you mention it I seem to remember thinking that it wasn't as bright as my Kobra or my ATN Ultra sight (but) I thought that it was just the batteries that came with the sight was getting weak so I'll have to go and dig it out to check on it.

As far as What kind of batteries are in it I believe that it came with two small 1.5V tablet batteries.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/97...20&cvt=jpeg

I have a PK-01 and a PK-01a the one with the manual adjust brightness control sucks it is so dim it is useless on max brightness. the Automatic one is great.

Klinka told me that it was the way they came and it was working properly if you take the gosh darn thing out side during a normal sunny day you can not see the dot.

The one with the automatic adjustment works great day or night.

Hi DaGroaner

I can't say that I'm disappointed with the brightness on my PK-AS-W sight (but) now that you mention it I seem to remember thinking that it wasn't as bright as my Kobra or my ATN Ultra sight (but) I thought that it was just the batteries that came with the sight was getting weak so I'll have to go and dig it out to check on it.

As far as What kind of batteries are in it I believe that it came with two small 1.5V tablet batteries.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/97...20&cvt=jpeg

I'm beginning to wonder if the "backup" permanently etched black dot and ring isn't actually supposed to the primary daytime sight and if the illumination is just for lowlight/night conditions. I want to sell it but am afraid to because I don't think the buyer would be any happier with it than I am and think I ripped them off.

Edited by DaGroaner