I wished and waited, and waited some more...

...it finally arrived! A local gun shop had a pair of Saiga 12 shotguns that went back to RAA _MONTHS_ ago to have the threaded/choke tack welded in place. I put some money down to get one when it arrived back at the gun shop.

It had been over 3 months now -- I had pretty much given up on ever being able to get the shotgun. I was thinking what else at the shop I might want to put my "money down" towards... And then I got a phone call a couple of days ago!

s12-1.jpg

He felt bad about it taking so long, so he gave me four boxes of Wolf 00 buck shells. I said, "Well it wasn't YOUR fault, it was RAA who kept it for so long!" He wanted to help out anyhow, so how could I turn down free ammo?

s12-2.jpg

This picture has been censored... No need to post my serial number all over the Intarweb!

s12-3.jpg

s12-4.jpg

And the part that took so long! Two tack welds (one on each side) -- it looks as if each have been "peened" with a pointed tool while the weld was still soft.

s12-5.jpg

I have not been out yet to try it, but I certainly will soon. I'll run a bunch of different stuff through it and see what works well and what doesn't. Anything I should stay away from? I even have some Aguila mini-shells -- anyone give those a try in their Saiga? (With what kind of results?)

Actually the weld arent peened. They obviously used a solid core MIG welder to zap those two dinky tacks on there. When your using said method theres always a small divit in the middle of the tack from the impurities and copper coating on the wire which forms a little slag button which was probably knocked off when they bead blasted and refinished the gun. I dont know why I felt like sharing this... Maybe my welding skills havent been used in a long time and I'm without a means to use em so i geek out... Anyhoo just thought I would post that.